Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shacksi)
    All the post-grad stuff has the essential stuff for a flat.
    What do you mean?

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Have you looked at The Holt?
    I think the Holt is not for postgrads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    I think the Holt is not for postgrads.
    You might be right, though I'm not aware of any explicit undergrads only rule :dontknow: Could be worth asking at least.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!!!
    I am a student from Malaysia and I will be doing the accounting and finance degree at Loughborough University this September. At the moment I am at a complete loss over which accommodation to choose :confused:

My parents told me to go for a catered one since it will be my first year living abroad. I am only allowed to a standard room with a wash-hand basin and right now i am stuck between Cayley, Rutherford and Faraday.

Any advice as to which hall I should apply for???
    Your help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim_ong92)
    Hi there!!!
    I am a student from Malaysia and I will be doing the accounting and finance degree at Loughborough University this September. At the moment I am at a complete loss over which accommodation to choose :confused:

My parents told me to go for a catered one since it will be my first year living abroad. I am only allowed to a standard room with a wash-hand basin and right now i am stuck between Cayley, Rutherford and Faraday.

Any advice as to which hall I should apply for???
    Your help would be greatly appreciated
    All three of those (and Royce) are very similar. There really isn't a lot of difference between them :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    All three of those (and Royce) are very similar. There really isn't a lot of difference between them :nah:
    Oh that was fast Thanks for the prompt reply!

Really??? Hmmmm... Can you give a quick review about the halls? Because if I were given a choice, I would love to check out the halls in person but unfortunately I cant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim_ong92)
    Oh that was fast Thanks for the prompt reply!

Really??? Hmmmm... Can you give a quick review about the halls? Because if I were given a choice, I would love to check out the halls in person but unfortunately I cant.
    I haven't stayed in any of them so I can't really give a review, but if you're definitely picking one of those three, I wouldn't worry too much as they are all so similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    What do you mean?
    As far as I know the flat comes with a private kitchen, bathroom, and mine has 2 bedrooms one for me and one for a random roommate. Post-grads are given more and have a longer stay.

ReputationRep:
    I 've got an offer in John Phillips and I feel great

I guess you have already mentioned it earlier, but how do I pay the room bond? Should I pay it through this page?

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financi...ne_payment.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    I 've got an offer in John Phillips and I feel great

I guess you have already mentioned it earlier, but how do I pay the room bond? Should I pay it through this page?

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financi...ne_payment.htm
    If your offer is unconditional, yes. If you've got an unconditional offer you can't pay it yet because you need your student ID number, which you don't get until your place is confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the Harry French standard rooms come with a full-length mirror (or any kind of mirror, actually) on the wall? Also, do the wardrobes have hangers in them already, and do you get a desk chair? Sorry for all the questions

EDIT: Actually, bedding too. I assume duvets/pillows aren't provided? I'd rather have my own anyway, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    Does anyone know if the Harry French standard rooms come with a full-length mirror (or any kind of mirror, actually) on the wall? Also, do the wardrobes have hangers in them already, and do you get a desk chair? Sorry for all the questions

EDIT: Actually, bedding too. I assume duvets/pillows aren't provided? I'd rather have my own anyway, but still.
    Yeah one over the sink and all I have seen also have a tall & thin wall mirror (5 or 6 ft at a guess). I'd bring your own hangers, don't think they have any already there.

Yes you get a chair

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:

And no bedding isn't provided, so again bring all of your own.

I'm excited for October now with all this Harry French chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudleyian)
    Yeah one over the sink and all I have seen also have a tall & thin wall mirror (5 or 6 ft at a guess). I'd bring your own hangers, don't think they have any already there.

Yes you get a chair

Hope that helps!

And no bedding isn't provided, so again bring all of your own.

I'm excited for October now with all this Harry French chat

Okay thanks, that did help

Not many people seem to be talking about HF since booking their rooms though, I don't know where they've all gone

ReputationRep:
    Just thought of something else: What's the laundry situation for Harry French? I read somewhere that there's a washing machine in the kitchen or something, but are there any dryers nearby?

ReputationRep:
    Just thought of something else: What's the laundry situation for Harry French? I read somewhere that there's a washing machine in the kitchen or something, but are there any dryers nearby?
    I cant speak for HF, but there are usually multiple washing machines and dryers located around the halls.

ReputationRep:
    On the lodges sides there's washing machines in the kitchen (£1 i think) and on the blocks side there's a laundry room with washes costing £2 or £2.50 I think. You can pay to dry it too but I never do...get a washing rack from Sainsbury's on your first day!

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    On the lodges sides there's washing machines in the kitchen (£1 i think) and on the blocks side there's a laundry room with washes costing £2 or £2.50 I think. You can pay to dry it too but I never do...get a washing rack from Sainsbury's on your first day!

Hope that helps
    Thanks (again )! I think I'm on the lodges side, if that's where the non-4ft bed rooms are. I'll probably get a washing rack then

ReputationRep:
    This is a very helpful post!

I'm a prospective indian student at Loughborough and I'll be starting my BEng Civil Engineering course this year..

I chose Faraday and was allotted a whb room... Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Got into Loughborough and for accommodation did the Room Preferencing system...when do they tell me which room I've got?

ReputationRep:
    Hi rockchickm, I used the preferencing system as well and I got an email a week ago from the accommodation centre saying that I should expect an offer from the week commencing the 20th, since after A Level results more rooms become available. I actually got an offer today so I guess you should expect an offer soon. I'd advise contacting the accommodation centre if you haven't got an offer by next week just to check. Hope that helps.

p.s I'm in Harry French. Having trouble logging onto the finance page to pay the room bond using my student ID ect., will try again tomorrow but is anyone else having a problem?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.