The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
I was just wondering if there was anyone, like me, who got into luffbra through clearing and has found accomadation? Just wondering what my chances are of finding a place in halls? I badly need one.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I got in through clearing and am doing the application but I dont understand the preference thing? WHat is the area West, East, Village and all? Im really confused lol help???
Original post by ChappersBC
I got in through clearing and am doing the application but I dont understand the preference thing? WHat is the area West, East, Village and all? Im really confused lol help???

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/undergraduatehalls/

(The link shows you which area is of the halls are in, and if you click on each of them it'll show you where they are on the campus map)

The village area is I think where most of the halls are, which is roughly in the middle of campus. The east ones are separate, and some of them are just off campus (William Morris, Harry French and The Holt). I think David Collett is the only west one, and it's basically just to the west! It doesn't seem to matter where on campus you end up though because it's not that far to walk, so just choose somewhere you like :smile:
Original post by Jinxxed
I suppose the advantage in that is that it's harder to get lost (I'm terrible for that). Awesome, another art student. I'm doing textiles innovation, what about you? The advantage of Harry French (at least for art students) is that it's close to both the art school and the town centre. Not looking forward to sharing a bathroom with five other people though!

Haha, you could probably get lost if you tried but I think it'll be okay :tongue: I'm doing Fine Art. Yeah, there's apparently a short cut that leads to the art school which is useful, and it's really close to the shops. I think I might have to switch from Tesco to Sainsbury's though, which isn't ideal but oh well! And yeah I know, I'm not too keen on sharing either but hopefully we'll have nice, clean flatmates :tongue: Apparently the standard rooms have 2 toilets and showers between them though (and some have a bath), which doesn't sound too bad because then at least we get a choice of which to use.
Original post by Village Whisper
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/undergraduatehalls/

(The link shows you which area is of the halls are in, and if you click on each of them it'll show you where they are on the campus map)

The village area is I think where most of the halls are, which is roughly in the middle of campus. The east ones are separate, and some of them are just off campus (William Morris, Harry French and The Holt). I think David Collett is the only west one, and it's basically just to the west! It doesn't seem to matter where on campus you end up though because it's not that far to walk, so just choose somewhere you like :smile:

Thank you muchly!! I had the problem where I couldnt select an area more than once, so I had to do one option west, one option east and one option village. I think ill call them tomorrow just to be sure its all right but to be honest I dont mind where I end up now I just want toget there!
Reply 1405
Can second years join in for freshers again? Do you just need to pay or do you need a freshers band?
Can people use their mobile phones in Elvyn Richards? My network is Three which already has a bad reputation for bad network.
Think I'll be affected?

Also when do we pay hall subs? Can I pay now?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cashmoneyorg

Also when do we pay hall subs? Can I pay now?

You recieve an email with an attachment which has a link to paying you're room bond, and another for completing a health and safety questionnaire thingy and booking a time slot
Original post by courtneywow
You recieve an email with an attachment which has a link to paying you're room bond, and another for completing a health and safety questionnaire thingy and booking a time slot

Cool. Just got it . Doing that induction thingy now:smile:
one of that questions options says you should close all the doors behind you, so that you can have a private dinner party. I had to stop myself from choosing that one purely because I found it so funny ahah
Original post by courtneywow

When did you get the health and safety/time slot email? I paid my room bond a while ago, but I haven't had this one yet :s-smilie:
Reply 1411
When did you get the health and safety/time slot email? I paid my room bond a while ago, but I haven't had this one yet :s-smilie:

I got mine on Tuesday, I think. Try logging into the accommodation bit and see if there's anything there, it might just be that the e-mail hasn't come through yet and you might still be able to do it :smile:
Can I just say, some of the induction form questions were hilarious.

E.g.
Why is it important to keep the kitchen door closed?
- To stop the flat smelling of cooking
- To stop smoke or fire spreading
- So I can have private dinner parties

From the video - what causes a fire?
- Taking a shower
- A dirty grill pan
- An untidy room

What's more, the video didn't even work for me :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Xenite
I got mine on Tuesday, I think. Try logging into the accommodation bit and see if there's anything there, it might just be that the e-mail hasn't come through yet and you might still be able to do it :smile:

Thanks, I just checked and the induction's on there :smile:
Loughborough still haven't contacted me and they're out of office until the 29th! :'( can someone just tell me what's on the emails? or better yet forward them to me!? I think i've done everything but i still want to make sure!
Original post by iamglass
Loughborough still haven't contacted me and they're out of office until the 29th! :'( can someone just tell me what's on the emails? or better yet forward them to me!? I think i've done everything but i still want to make sure!

Which emails do you mean?
Which emails do you mean?

The accommodation emails you're suppose to receive after confirming you're results? One of my emails said they were going to contact me but still haven't :s-smilie:
The accommodation emails you're suppose to receive after confirming you're results? One of my emails said they were going to contact me but still haven't :s-smilie:

basically, the accommodation email says that you need to pay your room bond to secure your room, this should be done within 8 working days after your place has been confirmed. You can pay your room bond on this link:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financial/pages/online_payment.htm
press on proceed and fill everything in and choose room bond 2012/2013

after you have paid your room bond, go to the accommodation page, login and follow the steps for hall induction and arrival slot!

good luck!
Original post by mo-holland
basically, the accommodation email says that you need to pay your room bond to secure your room, this should be done within 8 working days after your place has been confirmed. You can pay your room bond on this link:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financial/pages/online_payment.htm
press on proceed and fill everything in and choose room bond 2012/2013

after you have paid your room bond, go to the accommodation page, login and follow the steps for hall induction and arrival slot!

good luck!

Ahhh good! I've already done all that anyway :yeah: Thank you for telling me what was in the email! :biggrin:
Ahhh good! I've already done all that anyway :yeah: Thank you for telling me what was in the email! :biggrin:

no problem!

Latest

Trending

Trending