Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamglass)
    Ahhh good! I've already done all that anyway :yeah: Thank you for telling me what was in the email!
    no problem!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows whether the rooms come with a duvet, like the actual one, because I know that we have to bring our own pillows.....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzxo)
    Just wondering if anyone knows whether the rooms come with a duvet, like the actual one, because I know that we have to bring our own pillows.....

I think you will need 2 to, what hall are you in? I had to in bill mo x

ReputationRep:
    So...I have another question (sorry!).

The Harry French halls page says "The University network and internet access is via a wired socket only"; does this mean I have to bring some form of cable myself, or are they provided?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    So...I have another question (sorry!).

The Harry French halls page says "The University network and internet access is via a wired socket only"; does this mean I have to bring some form of cable myself, or are they provided?
    They're provided :yes: Though I take my own as well just in case they don't give me one, or the cable doesn't work (which happened once).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    They're provided :yes: Though I take my own as well just in case they don't give me one, or the cable doesn't work (which happened once).
    Oh okay, thanks If I wanted to get one myself just in case, what exactly should I be getting? I'm not very good with technical computer stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    Oh okay, thanks If I wanted to get one myself just in case, what exactly should I be getting? I'm not very good with technical computer stuff
    In laymans terms just an "ethernet cable". Or a "Cat 5.e cable" if you want to give it it's technical name

ReputationRep:
    In laymans terms just an "ethernet cable". Or a "Cat 5.e cable" if you want to give it it's technical name
    Thank you, I'll have a look

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to pay to use the wifi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flopsidoodle)
    Do we have to pay to use the wifi?

Nope

ReputationRep:
    When do we get our room bond back/do we ever get it back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    When do we get our room bond back/do we ever get it back?
    After your contract ends next year. You get it back minus any deductions for damages :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    I think you will need 2 to, what hall are you in? I had to in bill mo x
    I'm in rigg-rut

ReputationRep:
    I've looked on Lufbra.net, how come football and 5 a side football isn't on the list of societies?

ReputationRep:
    I've looked on Lufbra.net, how come football and 5 a side football isn't on the list of societies?

There's 5-a-side indoor football on the list.

Odd that 11-a-side isn't on there, though...

I know there's also 6-a-side outdoors football for a fact, as one of my mates from college is one of the refs..

ReputationRep:
    You're looking in the wrong place, it's on the Athletic Union page, not societies

Here: http://www.lufbra.net/au/auclubs/

Also, it's listed as "Association Football".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    There's 5-a-side indoor football on the list.

Odd that 11-a-side isn't on there, though...

I know there's also 6-a-side outdoors football for a fact, as one of my mates from college is one of the refs..
    Thanks. Do you form a team with your mates or what? Also how often is it, once a week?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Do you form a team with your mates or what? Also how often is it, once a week?
    I'm not sure, I'm not at Lboro yet

From what my mate's been saying, the 6-a-side is once a week, on Sunday afternoons. That's pretty much all I know about that though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    I'm not sure, I'm not at Lboro yet

From what my mate's been saying, the 6-a-side is once a week, on Sunday afternoons. That's pretty much all I know about that though...
    Cool so you'll also be a fresher. What are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Cool so you'll also be a fresher. What are you going to be studying?
    Computer Science You?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.