Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    I can't cook to save my life either, and I've been living in self-catered (Rigg-Rut) for the past 5 months haha

Couple things to bear in mind regarding catered accomodation (that I've picked up from friends who are in it):
    - You won't get cooked for on weekends.
    - You're pre-paying for all your meals, regardless of whether you have them or not. One of the people I'll be living with next year is a hockey player (and in Elvyn, doing Chemistry funnily enough...) and she misses an awful lot of meals because she can't go during the time-slots...
    Hmmmm that is worrying! decisions decisions haha. Wish they did cook on weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloflorence)
    Hey, I have applied to study Human Biology at Loughborough (2013 intake) and was recently looking at the accommodation. On the website it says that it's unlikely you'll receive a mobile phone signal in the halls as some of them are eco-friendly new builds. Is this true? It was going to be my firm offer but if this is true I may have to re-think as it's not something I fancy going through.

If anyone can recommend which accommodation is nice and why too, that'd be great! (I'd prefer en-suit self catered - thanks)

Flo
    I applied for human biology too. atm im liking the look of William Morris & Butler court.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed my offer today. Want to live in Rigg Rut, when can I apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joelcooper)
    Firmed my offer today. Want to live in Rigg Rut, when can I apply?
    It's some time around late May :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    It's some time around late May :yes:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    William Morris is awesome :sexface: It's pretty much the perfect distance from everything, town is easily walkable, and so is the library/Wolfson, and os the closest hall to the union. Very social hall and amazing prices. I've been in the en suite this year which has been good, but overall I would recommend the WHBs, much cheaper and for some bizarre reason people with WHB get weekly cleaners to clean their kitchens, toilets and showers whilst ensuite do not. :dontknow:
    says william morris is not on campus, would you say it was pretty much on campus anyway cause its just over the road?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaGarlai)
    says william morris is not on campus, would you say it was pretty much on campus anyway cause its just over the road?
    Yeah it's literally just over the road from the union, so while it's not technically "on the campus", in terms of the distance you may as well think of it as being on campus :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to switch courses? I've already firmed economics at Loughborough but I wanna switch to maths with economics at Loughborough :/ does anyone know what I should do? I really don't know :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am looking for a person to share a 2 bedroom apartment with next year. This apartment is in town and just opposite the Noodle bar. The location is really good for both shopping and getting to Uni.
    If anyone interested in, please leave me a message
    Thanks for your concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footballman1)
    Is it possible to switch courses? I've already firmed economics at Loughborough but I wanna switch to maths with economics at Loughborough :/ does anyone know what I should do? I really don't know :/
    You can probably change your course before uni starts

ReputationRep:
    Ask the admissions staff at the economics department

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how we apply for accommodation? Like what log in details do we need and where do we login?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how we apply for accommodation? Like what log in details do we need and where do we login?
    It's not done until May/June, you'll be sent information on it nearer the time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Right I got nothing better to do now cept wait for uni and look at accommodation. Bets halls for self-catered and catered? All i see are people mostly looking for SC halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazybugs)
    Right I got nothing better to do now cept wait for uni and look at accommodation. Bets halls for self-catered and catered? All i see are people mostly looking for SC halls
    See http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...52&postcount=2 for information on the halls and the rough price range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazybugs)
    There's a lot of variety in Loughborough halls! Do you want Catered/Self-catered? En-suite? Lots of flatmates? Cheap? Off-campus? Close to town? Quiet? Close to lecture theatres?

I'd personally recommend Harry French as I've lived there for 2 years and it's excellent value for money, but Falkner Eggington will be newly-refurbished next year, so that'll be quite nice as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Iv noticed you can either reserve a room or use the room preference service, though I'm a bit confused on which one would be the better option. ie are there any disadvantages to either method?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkiL-BiLL)
    Hey Guys,

Iv noticed you can either reserve a room or use the room preference service, though I'm a bit confused on which one would be the better option. ie are there any disadvantages to either method?

Thanks
    To reserve one you need to be quick if you're after a popular hall. If you can't be arsed, or don't give a **** within reason, then pick the preference service and they'll pick a hall for you depending on what you've asked for and what rooms are still available.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm starting in october this year (hopefully!)
    just wanted some accommodation advice. I've heard william morris is best for partying, how true is this? I want to go to the halls with the best social life, and the most insane freshers fortnight!!
    One more thing, sorry, my friend says Loughbotough is renowned for being full of attractive people, is this generally the case?
    Thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my offer for Loughborough and I've been looking into the accommodation. I get all the facilities bit and stuff, I just want to know like what type of people stay in each halls, and what the atmosphere is like in each one and stuff. i've heard some people say rigg and bakewell are best for partying, but some people are saying william morris. Any help would be great, thanks!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.