Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how do people cope with it?

what do you guys think when they hear someone's anorexic?

i found out that i've got it last week though i wasn't entirely sure until now.
    i'm pretty sure i've had it since november/december but i'm mainly showing psychological and emotional signs - very few physical ones. though, i may need to update this later because i'm starting to realise that i've got particular physical signs such as lack of energy and chest/stomach pains.
    i don't look anorexic - i'm between sizes 10/12 except when i look in the mirror, i just see fat, fat, fat though i'm not and have been told that numerous times by various people and i wanna believe it but i cant.

anyway, i haven't got it so bad that i'm not eating anything at all. on average i'm eating around 700 calories a day, doing strenuous exercise, which, when my pulled muscle [that i've had for 4/5 months] starts hurting, i just think ''keep going until you think you're gonna cry'' and so i keep going and cry after.
    but today was a really bad day for me, or rather the anorexia in me because in my PE lesson, we did 30min of aerobics - low impact, then high, then step and i hadnt eaten breakfast or lunch because i simply didn't have the time, i got home at 5pmish and since then, i ate around 400-500cal. i'm starving now but i don't wanna eat anything because i'm scared of gaining weight. and although i did aerobics in PE, i feel as though i didn't do anything i've done HIIT for 4 days in a row and started crying before because i couldnt do it today coz i only do it when i'm home alone and i wasn't today so instead i tried pilates and found a new exercise - tabata which i did and those two have kept me sane!..for now.

i'm in yr11 and this is really putting a strain on me because i've got so much to do in the next couple of weeks with coursework and exam preperation that i don't know whether to focus on making myself better or completing all of my courseworks.
    though i don't exactly know how to make myself better without getting this picture perfect body that God knows how i will achieve :confused:

so like i said before,
    how do people cope with it?
    what do you guys think when you hear someone's anorexic?
    who would you tell about it??
    and anything else would be great! idk who to turn to so i've come to TSR!

i don't if anything i said makes sense, there's a hell of a lot more but i just feel too drained now!

ReputationRep:
    how do people cope with it? They eat
    what do you guys think when you hear someone's anorexic? They should eat
    who would you tell about it?? Your doctor

PS. Yes, I am fully aware that anorexia is a mental disorder and that eating a hamburger will not cure it. Anybody suffering from anorexia should head down to the doctors. NOW.

ReputationRep:
    you should be a size zero if you eat 700 cals a day! why would you want that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adoringcarmine)
    you should be a size zero if you eat 700 cals a day! why would you want that?
    Lol
    I didnt choose to
    I realised i was eating that much and now im too scared to eat more than that incase i gain weight

ReputationRep:
    you wont! you just wont loose anymore either. you shoudl eat 2000 and youll stay the same weight!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.