Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    No.
    Do you even know east london?

Some parts of East London are certaintly quite dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chapling)
    I asked my friend and she said Ilford is one of the worse parts, and Hainault and Barkingside are better.
    Agreed totally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    :rofl:
    It's basically a combo of:

and

Acknayyyy

ReputationRep:
    It's not that dangerous, but it is pretty ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some parts of East London are dodgy. I personally can't stand Leyton myself, or Ilford.
    Rainham can be ok but it's largely BNP :/
    My cousins house had a brick thrown through their wall
    other than that they seem to be livin' fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.
    It is man. That same OAP went on to shank 15 people. And there's no police here. This is no man's land.

Bring a tool if you want to come to East London, we have rappin' grannies and dub-steppin rusty shanking mudda ****in' OAPs at every turn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh-my-diddy)
    It is down Walthamstow. If you come down here, you'll probably get shanked and raped under this bridge near my house. It's like the norm now. People just casually stroll past people who are getting shanked.
    My, my, it's gone to the dogs (and the dogs are gone! :awesome:) I remember when we sold our house and were told we could ask for more because Walthamstow was tipped to become a trendy area. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

As soon as you step past the sign you get ambushed by a group of hoodies and get slashed up before they curb-stomp your face.

ReputationRep:
    it is not dangerous,but it's not the safest either.

not the prettiest place to live, but it's actually still an improvement over where i used to live in my homecountry.......now THAT was bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalange)
    LOL someone just had to par Walthamstow

As long as you don't go out at dodgy times alone, you'll be fine
    Oh, are you from Walthamstow? We're trying to build a club of people who live or used to live there.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Walthamstow more North than East? Why has it come up in this thread at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    The bridge in Billet round about?
    i'm not going to tell you. you might hunt me down and rape me and my lucky draws are in the wash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    My, my, it's gone to the dogs (and the dogs are gone! :awesome:) I remember when we sold our house and were told we could ask for more because Walthamstow was tipped to become a trendy area. :eek3:
    lol yes unfortunetly. god knows whats happened to it now lol

looooooooool yeah right. bridges that are near to collapsing and rust emerging from every nook and cranny everywhere, thats not the kind of trendy i was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Isn't Walthamstow more North than East? Why has it come up in this thread at all?
    North-East. I live in Leytonstone and wouldn't consider Leytonstone part of East London let alone Walthamstow, which is nowhere near the core of what people mean by 'East London.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    North-East. I live in Leytonstone and wouldn't consider Leytonstone part of East London let alone Walthamstow, which is nowhere near the core of what people mean by 'East London.'
    I'd consider it east, considering it is East 17...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was born in Leytonstone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalange)
    LOL someone just had to par Walthamstow

As long as you don't go out at dodgy times alone, you'll be fine
    dodgy times. yeah thats true. when i'm comin bk frm uni at 8/8.30, man has to be holdin his bum and walking in a 360 degree motion like, keeping an eye out everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodion Raskolnikow)
    Do you even know east london?

Some parts of East London are certaintly quite dangerous
    Do I know East London?

Hmmmmm. Does the 'QMUL 3rd year' in my signature not give you a bit of a clue about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh-my-diddy)
    lol yes unfortunetly. god knows whats happened to it now lol

looooooooool yeah right. bridges that are near to collapsing and rust emerging from every nook and cranny everywhere, thats not the kind of trendy i was expecting.
    Shame - it was the only classy thing about the place.

Yeah, I doubted it had become trendy when my friends and I watched a terrorist raid on TV and I could say, "Oh, I walked past that on my way to school!" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol, no its not. go out and look for trouble it will find you, just like anywhere. it just finds you faster.

ReputationRep:
    A bullet proof jacket will be most dearest to you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.