Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Oh, are you from Walthamstow? We're trying to build a club of people who live or used to live there.
    Yup I am

(Original post by FinalFlash)
    Walthamstow is fine now even it at dodgy times. It's not like how it was 4-5 years ago...I think Leyton/ Haringey / Edmonton are a lot worse tbh.

Ok. :hmmmm2:
    Yeah I'm in Leyton woo

ReputationRep:
    I lived in South Woodford for the first 12 years of my life, had a major player drug dealer live 2 doors down from us, the house next to us was burgled about 5 times while I lived there (end of a terrace) and I got beaten and mugged near my local shop. But even after all that, it still has a special place in my heart!

Depends where you live now, I live in Cornwall now and as you can imagine, it's ALOT different.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! of course not

ReputationRep:
    Has any body been in the prince
    Of wales pub in walthamstow, St. Andrews road?

100% the hardest pub in London not just east London, this pub house the hardest clientele, if you walk in there as an unknown you are soon leaving because of the atmosphere bullet holes in the doors and walls are ignored, very scary place ... Go on YouTube and search Britains hardest pubs, it's on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Richards)
    Has any body been in the prince
    Of wales pub in walthamstow, St. Andrews road?

100% the hardest pub in London not just east London, this pub house the hardest clientele, if you walk in there as an unknown you are soon leaving because of the atmosphere bullet holes in the doors and walls are ignored, very scary place ... Go on YouTube and search Britains hardest pubs, it's on there
    Is that the one off Higham Hill road between the block of flats and the disused factories at the bottom of the road?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chapling)
    I've heard that East London is a really dangerous place to live, so is it really that bad?
    It really depends on where in East London tbh. Some places you definitely shouldn't be alone during the night, but others are really quite nice and very diverse, part of the reason why I loved growing up here

ReputationRep:
    Yes, areas like Tower hamlets, Barking, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge can be really dangerous

ReputationRep:
    I live in South Woodford and its a **** hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epoddoulc)
    Yes, areas like Tower hamlets, Barking, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge can be really dangerous
    Where in Tower Hamlets? is the Isle of dogs dangerous?

ReputationRep:
    If you go to a place that's being gentrified by hipsters, you'll do fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hackney is just a mess. Idk about east London though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Locke54)
    I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.
    If you were stabbed twice why aren't you dead. When you get shanked its not like the first thing you do is tell people how bad east london is

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.