Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It looks like I've had to cancel my plans to Tokyo. Now I've been thinking of going on a road trip starting of at Munich Airport to pickup my hired car from Sixt for 10 days which is going to cost me around £640 for a 5 series BMW or similar. Would've gone for something better but the age restriction won't allow. The problem is I don't know what's where.

You might say it's a waste to pay that much when you can get a passat for £250 but I really like to enjoy what I drive in. I'm not one of those 'OMG I need to get through 25 countries in 10 days', I'm looking to cruise, find great places to drive, I heard south Germany was good because of the scenery, and norway as well, I'm also thinking of doing a couple of pitstops at cities too. I really don't have a plan but as I said I'd like to find great places to drive through.

About the toll charges and parking, what can I expect from these? What's the average parking costs and are there many toll roads in germany and norway? Accomodation will probably be at hotels, do hotels generally offer 1 day rooms and how much on average would they be in germany. I'm willing to visit other countries where there are great places to drive.

I initially was supposed to go with some friends were we would each hire a car and go cruising, but that didn't work out, so I'm going on my own.

Thinking about it now, the title may be a little misleading.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind doing something like that !

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.