Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heartbroken. Does anyone else feel the same as me right now? Watch

The guy I love has chosen someone else over me. He's not my boyfriend, sort of 'fwb'. It's complicated. But he's gone and got a girlfriend that is not me the worst part is we could have had a future together if it wasn't for somethings that have happened that were out of my control.

I care about him so much. I don't know what to do. I've never hurt so much. I don't see the point in the rest of my life without him.

Is there ANYONE who's going through a similar thing right now and knows how i feel ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel heartbroken right now, but I feel jealous or in doubt about the guy I'm madly in love with. I'm paranoid tbh, my mind keeps thinking about girls taking him away from me or liking him. And when I message him and if he didn't respond immediately I would think of negative things that makes me feel sad/lonely or the feeling of heartbroken at the moment. I sure hope I don't think like this, but it's really hard not to.

OP, I know how you feel. I've been there before with my ex and now that I met someone else, I could care less with my ex and I don't even think about him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty more fish in the sea.

(Don't ignore this because it's a cliche. The most Truth is in the common sayings you hear all the time.)

There is no point being heartbroken because him choosing someone else proves that you both wouldnt have lasted together anyway. He doesnt deserve you.

ReputationRep:
    Pick yourself up and move on, no point dwelling on it, ring up your friends, get them to take your mind off it and you'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    This is why you shouldn't be 'fwb' with someone you want something more with. A lesson learned.

ReputationRep:
    No matter how bad you are feeling, things can only get better. Whilst you may not see a point to your life right now, time heals all.
    No one is worth putting your life on hold for. Life goes on and you will grow out of this situation, a stronger individual.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not heartbroken, just gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    Yup, except my guy was mine for a year and then changed his mind, and then said some absolutely horrible things and hurt me so much, and I STILL love him Guys are d***s until you meet the one who was always meant to be yours. I sure hope I find him soon.
    oh thats so sad cant believe the stuff guys are capable of sometimes ... did he say why or anything? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    "
    "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."

(Original post by Anonymous)
    hmm...I am in a similar situation just like you.

but the way i look at it right now is that maybe she was'nt the one. she never appreciated the things i did for her.

so it was never gonna be forever for us and it is good that is now than somewhere down the line.

Funny, i dunno if you feel the same. but one part of me actually lover her so much and then there is another side of me that hates her for what she has done to me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.