Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well I'm not sure whether this should go in the long term relationship thread, so if it is I guess someone can move this in there.

So anyway, I met this girl on the internet. We use to talk (IRC/Skype/IM) everyday for hours, play games, and such. Basically we were really tight. Recently though, she's hardly been on, although when she is, she says I miss you/I love you/that kind of stuff. Yet the thing is, I'm sure that she can say hi if she wants to more regularly than like once a week.

Because the way I see it, basically talking to me once a week seems really contradictory to saying I miss you lots? I know I'm probably wrong, but I just feel she wants to let me down gently, to basically gradually drift away, but doesn't want to just sever it. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno

What do you lot think?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're not enjoying life and you're worrying about something stupid. Go outside it will be 15 degrees today

(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think you're not enjoying life and you're worrying about something stupid. Go outside it will be 15 degrees today
    I know it's a bit stupid =/ but I can't stop thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    Some people are shy/anti-social/whatever, and make friends on the internet. At some point in the relationship, one of the people begins to get more confidence and starts developping a social circle and friends outside of the internet, and therefore stop needing their internet friends to feel validated.

This is what has happened.

(Original post by in_vogue)
    Some people are shy/anti-social/whatever, and make friends on the internet. At some point in the relationship, one of the people begins to get more confidence and starts developping a social circle and friends outside of the internet, and therefore stop needing their internet friends to feel validated.

This is what has happened.
    Oh I'm like 100% sure this isn't what happened, she's still as shy/anti-social/whatever as she use to be ... It's more I'm wondering if she wants it to end because she's bored of me or whatever

Part of me thinks I'm over-analysing it all, and that sometime people need to take some/a lot of time off, and hence why I'm on here xD

BUMP <.<

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.