Turn on thread page Beta

Has uni changed your training style? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically the question in the title, I was just wondering because it is probably hard to gain mass while at uni (not much money to spend on quality food, lack of sleep, too much alcohol) so when I go I think I might just train for strength.

ReputationRep:
    I agree getting sleep in halls is bloody hard but if you don't waste your money going out getting pissed all the time and spend it on quality food then you solve the other 2 problems...

Depends how determined you are to truely hit those goals...

ReputationRep:
    What MHorman said

You say due to too much alcohol, then don't spend so much on alcohol and use it on oats and milk instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I agree getting sleep in halls is bloody hard but if you don't waste your money going out getting pissed all the time and spend it on quality food then you solve the other 2 problems...

Depends how determined you are to truely hit those goals...

(Original post by commandant)
    What MHorman said

You say due to too much alcohol, then don't spend so much on alcohol and use it on oats and milk instead!
    I wasn't make excuses or anything. Just wondering if people still train the same and make good progress really.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't start till 2nd year uni... and spent 1st year being a waste, can't see it affecting things much. Have fun in first term.... then train or do both.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't start training till my 4th year of uni, was a fat blob before that, put on 2 stone from first year till the end of third year. Managed to lose 1 stone of that from september-early jan just by cutting the alcohol back and doing cardio 2-3 times a week

ReputationRep:
    I train pretty much the same. I just have decent/better equipment now. i.e. a squat rack and a barbell that isn't just a non revolving piece of **** pig iron and dumbells over 20kg

ReputationRep:
    You gotta have the pecs, big arms, big shoulders and wowser legs with the complimental 6 pack (not bought from tescos) to pull in the clubs on student nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    no one mentioned anything about pulling :rolleyes: and no girl cares about a guy's legs in a club :rolleyes:

no **** sherlock.

I guess I need to slap you with my pimp hand that has "sarcasm" tattooed onto it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need muscles to pull, but you do need to make sure *****es know that you are the man their man could smell like :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.