Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war? watch

ReputationRep:
    War. But what is it good for

ReputationRep:
    eh, I am at peace with most of it (just about) but at major WAR with my belly. No matter how much I diet, exercise and tone I STILL have a pot belly. I hate it sooo much, and it just makes me think what's the point...

ReputationRep:
    I'm at peace.

It's taken a while, but now i'm happy to say, besides the odd hormonal 'urgh' days, i'm usually fine with what I see in the mirror.

Sure i'd like to be more toned / have bigger breasts / be taller, but i'm never gona change, so i've got to start learning to love what i've got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to start working out as of this week. Strong is the new skinny. :crossedf:
    Count yourself lucky? You have a reason. Most of us are feeling chubby because we are carrying Nando's Peri Peri crisps (:coma:) in our stomachs and not because we have given life and sustained a beautiful little child. Breastfeeding makes you lose 400 calories a day too.
    I didn't get a chance to breast feed, due to complications to my health after giving birth and then found out she was tongue tied. So fate worked against me. plus a lot of the weight was comfort eating too Now I don't eat as much and still can't drop any weight.

ReputationRep:
    At peace with the top half, at war with the lower half.

ReputationRep:
    Generally quite happy with my naturally skinny frame.
    I'm one of those annoying ones who can eat anything, and not put on any weight. It's probably something to do with not eating breakfast too
    I wish my boobs were a little bigger, but I've never had any complaints so :dontknow:

I like my legs, a little short, but they're in shape.
    I like my back (its quite curved?) & bum.

I wouldn't mind green or blue eyes though

ReputationRep:
    Slim girls, how do you maintain your figure? Is it as difficult and miserable as they say?
    1) cycling. im trying to reduce how much i use my car. when moving im obviously doing good exercise.......and when im idle (waiting at some lights or something) on my bike i sneak in some cheeky little stomach crunches during the wait. lol.
    2) i insist on carrying my boyfriend on piggyback from time to time. he's not so heavy, but it's still some good exercise - and i dont pay gym fees for this ;D
    3) i dont smoke or drink, i dont eat stuff like jelly and i seldom eat chocolates. however i like cottage cheese a lot, which seems to be good for me.

All girls, how do you feel about your body? Ratings out of 10 please? I think I would give mine 3/10 because I grew from 5"5 to 5"9 in the past year which has helped elongate my body. That is about it.
    when i see myself in the buff i genuinely am very happy ^^ when i see myself in clothes (usually skinny fit.........because im eastern european, and that's the style for almost all women there ;D) im very happy too.
    ......however when i look to buy clothes i HATE my body. im 6'2'' tall, and a uk size 6 and have trouble finding jeans/trousers with 40'' leg inseam. long legs look cool, sure......but abnormally long like mine? just damn impractical. when i see topshop's idea of 'tall range' mostly catering for those around 5'7'', i cry a little. WHY THEY NOT DO SOMETHING FOR ME?! :'( i have to resort to custom-made ones sent to me here by a fashionista friend of mine back in my home country ......

overall i give how i feel about my body 9/10.
    only things i wish could be different are my hair not to be totally grey (started greying at 15, lost my last natural blonde strand at 19 ), and not to have plucked my eyebrows quite so much (though they are starting to be growing back, they are a mess at the moment) ;////

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    x
    Just wondering where you are from...

ReputationRep:
    If i go shopping i am at WAR!! i turn away from the mirrors to put the clothes on and only look when the clothes are on. Even when i was around a stone lighter than i am now, i hated my body.
    I really hate shopping but will need to get some new summer clothes and day to day clothes before i start university (as my current clothes are worn to death!!)

However, at home i try to look at my body as much as i can because the more i look the more i try to find good parts about it. I've got really pale skin so that makes me look fatter.

I've got big boobs, a small waist and big hips and thieghs. However i find i cant wear things that go in to the waist because it makes me look silly because my hips are so large!! I'm a size 14, sometimes a size 16 on top (because i prefer clothes to be loose around my hips).

I've lost a stone and half, aiming for another stone to get back to the weight i was before.

Slim girls, what do you think when you look at larger girls, say size 14?

ReputationRep:
    Im quite happy with my curves, I'm 5ft 9 so it gives me the tall hour glass figure plus I've never been 'skinny' so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
    I wouldn't say I was at peace because I do have days when I feel horrible but other days I'm couldn't care less.
    To be honest, people are at war for worse reasons so I try to be at peace most of the time with my body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thru sun and rain)
    Just wondering where you are from...
    lithuania :'D, of course!

yeeey lithuania! *celebratory funky chicken dance*

ReputationRep:
    lithuania :'D, of course!

yeeey lithuania! *celebratory funky chicken dance*
    Ah awesome I had a friend from there, she tried teaching me Lithuanian to no success :o:
    Have you tried http://www.longtallsally.com/

ReputationRep:
    I love mine.
    Well actually the one thing I'd complain about is my height! 5 ft2.
    But why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    Eh I'm desperately unhappy about my height (a whopping 5 ft) but comfortable otherwise, so considering I have no control over my height I would say I am at peace with my body.

ReputationRep:
    not good. my obsession with britney has recentley driven me to wanting her body (back in the day of course, im talking 2000/2001) she looked incredible.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1345&bih=532

why is this not me?! sorry for the massively long link but seriously, look at that girl! :O

oh ok it didnt come out massively long...i look silly now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thru sun and rain)
    Ah awesome I had a friend from there, she tried teaching me Lithuanian to no success :o:
    Have you tried http://www.longtallsally.com/
    ooh. no, i never knew about this company.

....however, while they do not appear to sell 40'' leg (though i probably could get away with 38'' trousers if i was to wear some tall boots or something :P)........ they only sell uk size 8-24...... and im a size 6 (and im closer to a 4 than 8) :/ im thinking that's probably too much of a size difference to be fixed by wearing a belt.

to clothes companies i am a mis-shapen freak that does not deserves their love or attention ;_;

ReputationRep:
    ooh. no, i never knew about this company.

....however, while they do not appear to sell 40'' leg (though i probably could get away with 38'' trousers if i was to wear some tall boots or something :P)........ they only sell uk size 8-24...... and im a size 6 (and im closer to a 4 than 8) :/ im thinking that's probably too much of a size difference to be fixed by wearing a belt.

to clothes companies i am a mis-shapen freak that does not deserves their love or attention ;_;
    Belt does fit, but I have heard they are slightly different in sizing. For example some trousers from one shop would fit, but simlalr ones in another shop of the same size wouldn't fit. So it could be worth giving them a shot, and they do refunds and returns so if they don't fit then you can always send it back.

ReputationRep:
    Alright. I'm kind of bored and I have to go shopping this afternoon since it's Spring now. And as always I'm absolutely bricking myself because I know I'll have to face the changing room mirrors soon. 3 way mirrors, bad lighting, having to ask a smirking assistant for a size bigger. I threw a shoe at my reflection the last time. I missed. Fml.

I hate my body. I hate having to pay £30-£40 for a bra that looks like a straitjacket. And I hate that I cannot wear the clothes I like because the skinnies have a monopoly on all the good stuff. I hate that all my friends are taller and willowy. Right now I'm 38-24-38 at 5''9.5 (curvy/banana?) but I want to be 34-24-34 or something that is at least thin before I start uni. I'm ashamed to say I care more about those numbers than the AAA offers I need to meet.

Slim girls, how do you maintain your figure? Is it as difficult and miserable as they say?

Curvy, don't you feel overly sexualised? Don't you hate feeling like a heifer?!

All girls, how do you feel about your body? Ratings out of 10 please? I think I would give mine 3/10 because I grew from 5"5 to 5"9 in the past year which has helped elongate my body. That is about it.

Mods: Anon or delete. Don't move it to Fashion and Beauty please because it's more about our insecurities than fashion. Thanks.
    I hate mine, I've never been comfortable about it, and it frustrates me that my weight goes up so easily, when other people eat so much and never seem to put weight on, where as if I eat 3 meals a day (yes 3! completely normal! and my portion sizes are average) My weight almost always goes up by 2 pounds the next day, at which point I have to cut down quickly, and drop to 2 meals, and it'll take me a week to shift the 2 pounds back off again, that I gained from eating normally Yet I'm not underweight so that can't be the reason my body does this. I'm 5,6 and 10.6 atm, but tomorrow that could be 10.7 or 10.8, depending on what I eat. Does anyone else get this? Can someone advise me on what to do because I really really would like to eat normally and not gain weight instantly. It's really getting me down because I've been trying to get down to 9.6 for months but it's just not working! I was 11.3 2 years ago, and stopped snacking completely, (I didn't have that many snacks to begin with) and in the 5/6 months after that I dropped to the weight I am now, and I've been stuck there ever since! Please help i want to get to 9.6 before I start uni at the end of September!

ReputationRep:
    I'm at peace.
    I'm not what you would call "skinny" (size 12-14) but I'm well proportioned and healthy. As long as I'm happy with it, I don't care what anyone else thinks, it's my body after all!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.