Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newlook.com/ they also ship to lithuania and do "small" and size 8, but no where really smaller than that.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my body. I've called myself fat since I was eight. I'm a size sixteen-eighteen but would love to lose weight - due to mental health I'm not allowed to diet per se, but doesn't stop me trying.

ReputationRep:
    At war! As a girl who's slimming at the moment, I'm wondering whether I'll ever be "at peace" as such. I've slimmed from a size 22 to a size 16 in the last 12 months and obviously it's still larger than a lot of people (myself included) are happy with.. so I'm wanting to slim down even more.

I don't know where I'll be able to draw the line (assuming I manage to keep up the diet/exercise) but I'll let you know..

ReputationRep:
    At peace.

ReputationRep:
    At peace, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at war with mine.
    I'm ditching my party lifestyle to try and run/swim/attend fitness classes most nights. When i wake up aching, I know I'm winning

I've never been too bothered about my weight, as an ex-swimmer I have more muscle (which weighs more than fat) so I've always been heavy. I'm more concerned about being toned.

ReputationRep:
    definitely at peace.
    never going to complain about my face / body after watching 'Katie: my beautiful friends'

ReputationRep:
    I hate my body. Sad thing is, I've always hated my body, but I've put on about three stone in the past year, and now I'd give anything to have my old body back, even though I thought I was huge then. We will never learn will we girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Alright. I'm kind of bored and I have to go shopping this afternoon since it's Spring now. And as always I'm absolutely bricking myself because I know I'll have to face the changing room mirrors soon. 3 way mirrors, bad lighting, having to ask a smirking assistant for a size bigger. I threw a shoe at my reflection the last time. I missed. Fml.

I hate my body. I hate having to pay £30-£40 for a bra that looks like a straitjacket. And I hate that I cannot wear the clothes I like because the skinnies have a monopoly on all the good stuff. I hate that all my friends are taller and willowy. Right now I'm 38-24-38 at 5''9.5 (curvy/banana?) but I want to be 34-24-34 or something that is at least thin before I start uni. I'm ashamed to say I care more about those numbers than the AAA offers I need to meet.

Slim girls, how do you maintain your figure? Is it as difficult and miserable as they say?

Curvy, don't you feel overly sexualised? Don't you hate feeling like a heifer?!

All girls, how do you feel about your body? Ratings out of 10 please? I think I would give mine 3/10 because I grew from 5"5 to 5"9 in the past year which has helped elongate my body. That is about it.

Mods: Anon or delete. Don't move it to Fashion and Beauty please because it's more about our insecurities than fashion. Thanks.
    Bold - overly sexualised? the only think i really don't like about my body is when people gawp at my boobs, old men especially. i try to just ignore it though because i suppose it's not REALLY their fault.

i like my body, i have no idea about my measurments, i have big boobs, wide hips and small waist so i know where you're coming from... although i am 5"4 so gotta be worse for me!

i won't rate my body out of 10 because i don't think thats up to me to decide, but on a happiness level i'd give myself at least 8/10.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm at war with my body at all. I'm 5"7 and generally a size 12, which I'm happy enough with. I think I look pretty good at that size. I've recently been drifting towards a 14, though, which I'm not too pleased about - hopefully I'll be able to get it back down to normal!

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. I didn't realise so many women battled internal self-image demons. I'm at peace with my body 99.9% of the time. Not that you'd ever catch me admitting it IRL, but I do feel more feminine (womanly?) when I overeat and my chest/hips/thighs become more filled out. Due to the recent stress of lots of assignments being due soon/other things, I've stopped eating so much and dwindled back down to my natural size 6/8. Won't lie though, I do invest heavily in padded bras and flattering high-waisted jeans.

ReputationRep:
    Pffft. I'm about 5'8, and a size 18-20. I've been this size since forever, no matter what I do. I've gone through periods of eating absolutely nothing and working out like a demon, and then gone through periods of severe lethargy and eating like an absolute pig, and yet I don't change.

I'm lucky in that I've got a bone structure like a brick ****house, so I can carry it better than a lot of the other big girls I know, but after years of warring with myself, I'm at peace. There are always going to be days when I look in the mirror and I'm not 100% pleased, but I'm generally pretty happy.

I'm 5'7/5'8 and weigh 10 stone 10 pounds atm which is a little heavier than I really want to be so I'm currently exercising to reduce my weight by a few pounds. But I love being curvy, it's just that little extra weight that I want to get rid of and tone up my thighs and my stomach more. I have been and am currently going out for runs in the afternoon and snacking on fruit instead of chocolate and I feel a lot healthier from that.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd be described as 'slim curvy', I have large breasts, hips, a bum and thighs but my stomach is flat and my waist is quite small. My stats as of 2 minutes ago are (glad I saw this thread, had forgotten to measure myself the past couple of months ) :

Bust - 30FF/G cup
    Waist - 24"
    Hips - 38"
    Thighs (relevant?) - 20.5"

Today I weigh 8 stone 11 pounds which is the heaviest I've been in at least two years and I'm 5'6". I'm pleased to say I'm finally at a point where I love my body and feel confident in my own skin. I know I'm not perfect but it's the imperfections that make me who I am, if you see what I mean? I usually weigh around 8 stone 7 or 8 pounds and sadly that is maintained as I suffer from OCD and an anxiety disorder so burn loads of nervous energy. I've been trying to put on weight for a couple of years now (I look better with some meat on me), and like I say, this is the heaviest I've managed to get myself in that time.

I do like what I see in the mirror and the only real issue I face when shopping is that it's so difficult to find jeans that accommodate my hips and bum but don't fall down at the waist - my solution? I just don't buy jeans! There's no point tormenting yourself with styles or fits that don't work well, and as it happens I think my shape looks better in more feminine clothes anyway. Although this may not be 100% healthy a part of my confidence comes from the fact I have a partner who after over three years still says 'mmm' when he sees my body. The parts of my body I would see as 'fat' he can't get enough of, and that definitely helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Alright. I'm kind of bored and I have to go shopping this afternoon since it's Spring now. And as always I'm absolutely bricking myself because I know I'll have to face the changing room mirrors soon. 3 way mirrors, bad lighting, having to ask a smirking assistant for a size bigger. I threw a shoe at my reflection the last time. I missed. Fml.

I hate my body. I hate having to pay £30-£40 for a bra that looks like a straitjacket. And I hate that I cannot wear the clothes I like because the skinnies have a monopoly on all the good stuff. I hate that all my friends are taller and willowy. Right now I'm 38-24-38 at 5''9.5 (curvy/banana?) but I want to be 34-24-34 or something that is at least thin before I start uni. I'm ashamed to say I care more about those numbers than the AAA offers I need to meet.

Slim girls, how do you maintain your figure? Is it as difficult and miserable as they say?

Curvy, don't you feel overly sexualised? Don't you hate feeling like a heifer?!

All girls, how do you feel about your body? Ratings out of 10 please? I think I would give mine 3/10 because I grew from 5"5 to 5"9 in the past year which has helped elongate my body. That is about it.

Mods: Anon or delete. Don't move it to Fashion and Beauty please because it's more about our insecurities than fashion. Thanks.
    it depends what type of day im having to whether i like my body. you need more self confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    Curve > skinny.

Just gonna throw that out there.
    I want to know why this got so many negs?

Skinny is not attractive. I'd rather be the way I am now, rather than push myself to extremes just to be 'skinny'.

ReputationRep:
    War, huh yeah
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing,

:sadnod: I don't mind my boobs, they could be a little bit bigger 32B but eww I've been insecure about my body since 2 years ago now, I went to hospital (I have to go annually) and my first doctor who I now see since transferring into the adults services, said to me was "Your overweight, lose some weight" I was only 10ish back when I was 17, had some curves and was size 10 for top and bottom.

Godd felt, and still feel such a fatty I'm still a size 10, have't really lost that much weight only a few pounds here and there

ReputationRep:
    War. War. War. My friends tell me I should be a model but I know that for a model, a just under 26 inch waist is way too big. 24 INCH WAIST I ENVY YOU. Your figure must be amazing. I aim to lose weight but I eat like no other. I can't help it. I love food. I'm size eight 5'10"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    I think I'd be described as 'slim curvy', I have large breasts, hips, a bum and thighs but my stomach is flat and my waist is quite small. My stats as of 2 minutes ago are (glad I saw this thread, had forgotten to measure myself the past couple of months ) :

Bust - 30FF/G cup
    Waist - 24"
    Hips - 38"
    Thighs (relevant?) - 20.5"

Today I weigh 8 stone 11 pounds which is the heaviest I've been in at least two years and I'm 5'6". I'm pleased to say I'm finally at a point where I love my body and feel confident in my own skin. I know I'm not perfect but it's the imperfections that make me who I am, if you see what I mean? I usually weigh around 8 stone 7 or 8 pounds and sadly that is maintained as I suffer from OCD and an anxiety disorder so burn loads of nervous energy. I've been trying to put on weight for a couple of years now (I look better with some meat on me), and like I say, this is the heaviest I've managed to get myself in that time.

I do like what I see in the mirror and the only real issue I face when shopping is that it's so difficult to find jeans that accommodate my hips and bum but don't fall down at the waist - my solution? I just don't buy jeans! There's no point tormenting yourself with styles or fits that don't work well, and as it happens I think my shape looks better in more feminine clothes anyway. Although this may not be 100% healthy a part of my confidence comes from the fact I have a partner who after over three years still says 'mmm' when he sees my body. The parts of my body I would see as 'fat' he can't get enough of, and that definitely helps.
    Your measurements are almost the same as me (30G, 25, 40), and what's freaky is I have OCD and anxiety too! Is that what makes us have a high metabolism? Because I eat loads and never gain weight, I'm often told it could be my 'nervous energy'.

Totally agree with the last paragraph, jeans are awful. I wear dresses and skirts, usually 40s style clothes that creates a femenine silhouette. Different styles suit different body shapes. Even though it can be difficult getting some clothes to fit, I like how I look, I wouldn't change it. I think it suits me haha.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it completely depends. I don't like my thighs, and I have too much fat around my hips, but I've got a skinny-ish waist, and while I'd like my boobs to be a bit bigger, they're pretty good. So yeah, it depends on what I'm wearing, the mood I'm in, how bloated I'm feeling etc, but sometimes I hate my body and sometimes I like it. I'm guessing this is probably how most people feel, but I don't really know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.