Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Your measurements are almost the same as me (30G, 25, 40), and what's freaky is I have OCD and anxiety too! Is that what makes us have a high metabolism? Because I eat loads and never gain weight, I'm often told it could be my 'nervous energy'.

Totally agree with the last paragraph, jeans are awful. I wear dresses and skirts, usually 40s style clothes that creates a femenine silhouette. Different styles suit different body shapes. Even though it can be difficult getting some clothes to fit, I like how I look, I wouldn't change it. I think it suits me haha.
    Wow, separated at birth?

Yeah, I went through a stage where I was really worried about my weight but my doctor ran tests on me and said there's nothing physically wrong with me, I just burn so much of my energy through my nerves. If it wasn't for the fact it's so exhausting being anxious so much of the time I'd love the fact I can eat anything and not worry about piling on the pounds!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always at war with my body. I do work out regularly and do eat a range of different foods, but I'm obsessed with exercise and calories to the point where my Mum has threatened to get rid of the exercise equipment. Had problems since I was 11, and I do hope eventually I'll just accept myself.

lol i'm complete opposite! i am very insecure about my body yes, but i want to put on weight, i'm stick thin, and don't fill out my clothes. they just hang on me. also hate shopping.

ReputationRep:
    Fine lol, I could probably put on a bit of weight im like just under 8 stone and 5 ft 3 so im tiny haha. But I cannaeeee be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    Hate it. I'm all funny shaped

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite fine with my body. I'm naturally slim and my figure is good; I often get complimented on it Kinda like: http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/...kini_2_big.jpg

I have more problems with my face. I'm not very pretty (maybe even a bit of a "butterface", lolol :o:), and it gets me down sometimes :sigh:. I don't know if I'm overreacting, but the fact that I don't get guys must say something :erm:

Though, at least I have my makeup to make it all better :grin:

1/10 I absolutely despise it.

ReputationRep:
    For the most part I actually really like my body. It's not perfect, but it's mine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally at peace with my body =) Still would like to lose a bit of weight, but I'm very happy just as I am.

ReputationRep:
    good day: 6-7/10
    bad day: 1/10

i managed to go from a size 16 to a size 8-10 over the last couple of years, and lost a stone recently through really trying, but still not quite there, want to lose another stone or two, and get rid of the thunder thighs and slight belly. i'm at war because i know i would look nice if i could lose just a little extra, since i'm an hourglass and love my boobs, and have a tiny waist, just it looks wrong because my legs are too large it's a constant battle to lose weight, i managed to get that stone off, but anything past that is proving to be impossible so far! going to try again soon and see if i can beat it once and for all >

Last year I was 5ft 7.5 and a little under 9 Stone I actually was really pleased with my body shape and I wouldnt mind wearing tight clothing and such even though my parents would nag me that i was too thin because i dont really have a small frame , im more of a medium build
    but after the roll of A Levels ive gone up about 11 pounds,although most of it has gone to my bum and boobs I HATE it im on a sort of diet but after going on the pill it isnt working very well

Ahhh I hate being a girl anyways at the moment 4/10.................
    and this is a good day!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely at war, I'd give myself about a 3/10, I'm pretty out of proportion which is what I hate! i.e. really skinny in some areas (calfs, arms, small waist) but I am far too big for my liking on my thighs and stomach. Plus, my thighs are made to look even huger by the very skinniness of my calves and ankles. I do alright at dressing for my shape, and my weight isn't a problem at all, I'm more bothered about how I actually look.

ReputationRep:
    Constantly at war...hate my body more than anything in the world. 5'8 size 10/12 ish, and I have the most ridiculous shape skinny legs, huge hips and all my fat goes straight to my stomach area. When people are complaining that they have flat stomachs and larger thighs I get so frustrated, I'd swap in a millisecond.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean OP. I went shopping for work clothes today because I'm going back to work soon. Unfortunately I had a difficult time because I've let myself go since Christmas, I haven't been exercising and I started comfort eating. Today size 10 clothes were too loose on me but size 8s showed my tummy. I was tempted just to pick the size 10s but I have bought slightly larger sizes in the past and then been disappointed a few weeks down the line when they look loose. I decided just to leave it today but I have my eye on certain dresses, I'm going to go back for them at the end of April, hopefully my tummy will have toned up because I will be exercising and eating healthy once I start working.

I really wanted this baby today

ReputationRep:
    At war, atm I'm hoping I won't be soon.

ReputationRep:
    I mostly feel like my body is at war with ME! I mean, I don't think I've ever done anything to my body. By and large I think it's quite a respectable thing. Yet every single organ system seems determined to make my life miserable, from the eczema round my eyes to the joint problems in my feet.

Appearance-wise, every time I catch sight of myself less than fully-clothed I think I would like to look different, I wish I were less fat and more muscle - but I only have myself to blame for that. No point thinking "oh my god, i hate how i look!" because I don't HAVE to look like that. I could go to the gym and eat less cake. But I don't want to. In fact I'm so lazy, I'm sometimes surprised I'm still breathing.

I CHOOSE to be fatty and wobbly because I'd rather that than actually do something to change it. Every time I eat chocolate instead of fruit, or post on TSR instead of going for a run, I am actively choosing not to change my appearance. And there is no point in hating myself for a choice I made, and continue to make, of my own free will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    Curvy > skinny.

Just gonna throw that out there.

Apparently no one likes curvy figures...
    Curvy does not mean chubby.

You can be slim and curvy.

ReputationRep:
    At peace. For the moment. I'd give myself 7/10 and my guy friends (who in ridiculous male fashion made a list of us girls) would say 8.
    I'm UK size 10, and despite being 5" carry it well as an hourglass. I'd love stick-thin thighs and a flat stomach but then who wouldn't..

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I love my body, it seems to be the only thing I don't get insecure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    I used to be quite happy with my body. I've never been "slim" as such, and have to really watch what I eat in order to stay at a normal size, but at 9 stone 7 and 5 foot 7 I felt pretty good. My weight has crept up since December though and I'm now 10 stone 5 and HATE it! My jeans are getting tight and I refuse to buy a size bigger! I would give my body 4/10 at the moment, it used to be 6.5/10 though.
    It wouldn't be so bad if my weight was distributed evenly, but it's not, I still have a relatively slim torso but have massive thighs and bottom. Jeans shopping is an absolute nightmare. I also get fat on my knees, so they look hideous in dresses at the moment, which is annoying because it's so lovely and sunny outside. Operation diet is starting next week when I go home for Easter. It's my boyfriend's 21st in May, so I want to lose half a stone for then.
    I'm exactly in your position except that I was 8stone and have crept up to nearly 9 st :eek::eek::eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.