Turn on thread page Beta

What driving jobs can i have with a full license? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically I don't think I'll be driving for about 4-5 months from now due to crazy insurance quotes, i really want to be out and about cruising this summer so I just wondered if and what jobs there may be to let people drive cars that don't belong to them for work.

For example, Delivering takeaways ( Do you have to provide your own car or will they have a car provided for you to drive?)

My cousin had a driving job taking people from one place to the next but it was the company's car (not her own), I wouldn't mind that job but i forgot what its called now.

If i can get some sort of driving job, that will help me to save up money to getting my own car hopefully by mid summer. (June-August

Basically do you know of any other jobs where you get to drive a car thats not your own for a job? ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    Basically I don't think I'll be driving for about 4-5 months from now due to crazy insurance quotes, i really want to be out and about cruising this summer so I just wondered if and what jobs there may be to let people drive cars that don't belong to them for work.

For example, Delivering takeaways ( Do you have to provide your own car or will they have a car provided for you to drive?)

My cousin had a driving job taking people from one place to the next but it was the company's car (not her own), I wouldn't mind that job but i forgot what its called now.

If i can get some sort of driving job, that will help me to save up money to getting my own car hopefully by mid summer. (June-August

Basically do you know of any other jobs where you get to drive a car thats not your own for a job? ......
    I think your cousin may have been a taxi driver! :P (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

If you're still a teenager you can more or less forget a driving job unless you provide your own vehicle (which most takeaways want). A lot want people aged 21 or even 25 plus as well as experience, which is ironic considering you can't get any jobs as a newbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruit_n_veg)
    I think your cousin may have been a taxi driver! :P (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

If you're still a teenager you can more or less forget a driving job unless you provide your own vehicle (which most takeaways want). A lot want people aged 21 or even 25 plus as well as experience, which is ironic considering you can't get any jobs as a newbie.

Lol, no she wasn't a taxi driver. I hardly see her these days so I haven't had the chance to ask her yet.

I'm not 21 I'm only 19.

My brothers going to check for me when he has the time to see how much I could save getting my insurance cheaper as a named on his policy but due to a few previous claim he has had since his 2 year driving history I'm unsure about a much cheaper quote there anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by berryboysh)

The only driving job i can think of is delivering takeaways, and for that you would have to drive your own car. Most other drivving jobs probably wouldnt want youngeer drivers (annoying i know). I think you may have to look for other jobs.

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to be at least 21, with a good amount of experience driving (say, 3 years?) for almost any driving job.

ReputationRep:
    Farming. But that's not exactly quick :p:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.