Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

today for the first time i was speaking to someone in NZ and i kept hearing this loud scratching sound like someone was printing something/having a shower, but my friend didnt hear the noise that loudly and she switched off her radio etc but it still persisted.

Im using a Macbook pro which has built in mic etc and dunno wht the problem could be, sounds like its at my end??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Hi

today for the first time i was speaking to someone in NZ and i kept hearing this loud scratching sound like someone was printing something/having a shower, but my friend didnt hear the noise that loudly and she switched off her radio etc but it still persisted.

Im using a Macbook pro which has built in mic etc and dunno wht the problem could be, sounds like its at my end??

Are you near a radio/tv/mobile phone mast/microwave etc.? Is this problem specific only to Skype or does it happen over an MSN webcam? Does normal audio play ok (youtube, iTunes, iPlayer etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be suspicious of my friend's mic.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Yes normal audio with youtube is fine its just skype. No radios or anything in my room.

I also had the same problem when i was using skype on my iphone with her from my room, but she says shes been skyping with other people and its been fine!!

any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Thanks. Yes normal audio with youtube is fine its just skype. No radios or anything in my room.

I also had the same problem when i was using skype on my iphone with her from my room, but she says shes been skyping with other people and its been fine!!

any suggestions?
    Can you skype ok to someone else? Try calling the microphone test thing on Skype (it is in your friends list by default).

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.