Turn on thread page Beta

Periods and the pill watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I made this post a couple of weeks ago on the contraceptive pill thread

I took my last pill on the 17/02 and then had my 7 day break, starting my pills again on the 25/02. I then had sex without a condom on 26/02 and my boyfriend finished inside of me, but I had started my pills again. I took them all correctly and on time up until 03/03, where I forgot one. I took it 20 hours after I was meant to, and then took the pill for that day at the correct time. I know it's very unlikely I'm pregnant but I was wondering what the chances are of this because I hear sperm can live for up to 5 days inside a woman and I'm not entirely sure if my missed pill is within those 5 days or not.

I was reassured that it's very unlikely that I'm pregnant and not to worry about it. However, I finished my pill packet on Friday, and my period should have come on Tuesday, but it hasn't arrived like normal. Instead of being heavy it's very light and keeps stopping. It's more of a brown discharge than a period. I'm having period pains like I normally would, though not as bad. I have been under a lot of stress recently and I was just wondering whether it was more likely to be stress causing my weird period or pregnancy? I plan to take a test on Saturday when I am with my boyfriend to be sure. Any advice?

You'll be fine. It's 'safe' to miss up to 2 pills usually (although it does vary with type, but I'm assuming you're on a fairly standard COC such as Cileste). Periods on the pill are quite often very very light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You'll be fine. It's 'safe' to miss up to 2 pills usually (although it does vary with type, but I'm assuming you're on a fairly standard COC such as Cileste). Periods on the pill are quite often very very light.
    Thanks. I'm on Microgynon 30 I was only a little worried because it isn't like my normal period

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine if you've been on it for a while i've heard that can happen anyway
    if your next period isn't normal for you or you have some unusual spotting in between, might wanna get a test just to be sure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.