Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which country has higer standard of living?china or india watch

ReputationRep:
    im going to china for my second year in uni for learning mandarin i had a choice of india but some people said it's not a good place to live im just wondering what is the living standard like in india is it better than china or worse?

ReputationRep:
    China.

You have the communism stuff, but the Eastern area is a lot more developed then India, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    China.

You have the communism stuff, but the Eastern area is a lot more developed then India, imo.
    ok is it consider to be developed area ?

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning on staying in a Mumbai slum? Or perhaps a hall of residence in an upper-middle class suburb?

You're going to have quite the mind-broadening experience, at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    According to United Nations 2010 Human Development Report, China is slightly more developed, being ranked at 89th on the list compared to Indias 119th placing.

It should be said that in both countries there will be massive gaps between the standards of living between the inhabitants. You will see people living in the most horrendous conditions, utter poverty and destitution as well as the super-rich if you go to the different areas of each country.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Chinese, my father is travelling in India atm, he says India is probably, er, 20-30 years behind China and that could be an understatement, despite China has been on double digit growth for the past decade, and my father has been to many places in India.

So don't say India and China have similar living standards, that's totally wrong! I wouldn't say China and the UK have similar living standard.

The infrastructure in China is very good, you don't see cows and rickshaws on the road in China, many cities have banned motorcycles so cars could drive faster. you don't see many slums here. You see more skyscrapers in Chinese cities than in London. Most Chinese restaurants in China are much posher than the ones in the UK, honestly. In China you never have to hang outside a train like you do when you are in India. But you should go to see both countries. As I want to go to india as well in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shroob)
    According to United Nations 2010 Human Development Report, China is slightly more developed, being ranked at 89th on the list compared to Indias 119th placing.

It should be said that in both countries there will be massive gaps between the standards of living between the inhabitants. You will see people living in the most horrendous conditions, utter poverty and destitution as well as the super-rich if you go to the different areas of each country.
    what's human development?? Anyway, India has ones of the richest billionaires in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceegle)
    I am a Chinese, my father is travelling in India atm, he says India is probably, er, 20-30 years behind China and that could be an understatement, despite China has been on double digit growth for the past decade, and my father has been to many places in India.

So don't say India and China have similar living standards, that's totally wrong! I wouldn't say China and the UK have similar living standard.

The infrastructure in China is very good, you don't see cows and rickshaws on the road in China, many cities have banned motorcycles so cars could drive faster. you don't see many slums here. You see more skyscrapers in Chinese cities than in London. Most Chinese restaurants in China are much posher than the ones in the UK, honestly. In China you never have to hang outside a train like you do when you are in India. But you should go to see both countries. As I want to go to india as well in the future.
    I don't see UK has pretty high standard of living since a tremendous amount of them are sucking taxpayers' blood which means they have ZERO in their bank account; a lot of luxuries, big brand stuffs are purchased in cash by chinese tourists whereas the majority of locals can only get envious of that. Check this out: london is only ranked 17 behind beijing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iate_employees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TexasHold'emMan)
    what's human development?? Anyway, India has ones of the richest billionaires in the world
    bilionnaire does not mean anything i saw all the chinese student are very rich , but i didn't see any rich indian student maybe some but usually they were born in uk so their family made their money in UK . unlike chinese they made their money in china and give it to their kids to spend it in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TexasHold'emMan)
    Human development is the indication of 'progress' or 'development' the UN uses to form a hierachy of nations. It is comprised of life expectancy, education and per capita GNI (Gross National Income).

Even if India has 'ones of the richest billionaires in the world', the vast majority of its citizens live in abject poverty.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.