Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cheating partner watch

Announcements

So i've just found out my girlfriend(well not anymore) is cheating on me, 99% sure of it. We've been together for almost 2 years now and needless to say I am raging?

What is the best course of action? To confront her or just delete her from my life?

ReputationRep:
    cut her out your life

cheat on her

ReputationRep:
    Obviously confront her, let your feelings/anger be heard and then cut her out of your life.

(Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    Obviously confront her, let your feelings/anger be heard and then cut her out of your life.
    sad thing is, i realised things were a bit rocky, so sent her some flowers to her work today, should be getting them about now. And now i find out this. Think i'm going to wait and see how she plays it out.

ReputationRep:
    Confront her.

There is nothing worse than a guy who jumps to conclusions and makes decisions with a hot head.

Whilst you are 99% sure, 1% still indicates that you may be wrong. Even if you are not, you deserve an explanation from her.

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    I'd confront her, see what she has to say for herself .
    You deserve to know why

(Original post by DeepStar)
    Confront her.

There is nothing worse than a guy who jumps to conclusions and makes decisions with a hot head.

Whilst you are 99% sure, 1% still indicates that you may be wrong. Even if you are not, you deserve an explanation from her.

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find out?
    She was away from work, so I've been using skype to call her. I couldn't get on my skype because i forgot my password, anyway she gave me her password so i could use hers to ring her. Anyway I left it logged in by accident and this morning a notification popped up to someone she was working with abroad.

I think these sent sms's are conclusive enough ...

--- Hello sexy...are you asleep?
    ----By the way my UK mobile is +*****. Thinking about you xx
    ----where have you gone?
    ---ok I'm back xxx

ReputationRep:
    cheat, confront, cut.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her for one last bang. Then get rid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She was away from work, so I've been using skype to call her. I couldn't get on my skype because i forgot my password, anyway she gave me her password so i could use hers to ring her. Anyway I left it logged in by accident and this morning a notification popped up to someone she was working with abroad.

I think these sent sms's are conclusive enough ...

--- Hello sexy...are you asleep?
    ----By the way my UK mobile is +*****. Thinking about you xx
    ----where have you gone?
    ---ok I'm back xxx
    Is there an evidence in the skype past messages of her responding to those messages in a similar manner?

I have guy friends who are very friendly like but they are gay! If anyone read the messages from them, they would think I am was cheating on my boyfriend but I'm not - its just the way our friendship is.

I can see your point though. I still think you should confront her about it. If nothing more, after 2 years you deserve a decent explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Just break up with her.

(Original post by DeepStar)
    Is there an evidence in the skype past messages of her responding to those messages in a similar manner?

I have guy friends who are very friendly like but they are gay! If anyone read the messages from them, they would think I am was cheating on my boyfriend but I'm not - its just the way our friendship is.

I can see your point though. I still think you should confront her about it. If nothing more, after 2 years you deserve a decent explanation.
    Yes, I see what you're saying but those are messages she sent.

ReputationRep:
    confront her u deserve to know the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes, I see what you're saying but those are messages she sent.
    Is she generally that flirty?

Apologies if it seems like I'm defending her - I'm not. I have had to teach someone very close to me, the hard way to stop jumping to conclusions and making decisions in rage.

Anyway, still confront her. You deserve to hear the truth from her.

I hope you are ok

ReputationRep:
    Confront & cut her out of your life.

ReputationRep:
    In skype, if you log in on multiple machines on one account, things you send to someone from one machine turn up in convos on other machines that account is logged on. OP is saying that he read messages that SHE was sending RECENTLY to SOMEONE ELSE, and he could see them because he was still logged in on her account.

ReputationRep:
    Confront and cut. Don't cheat so you can keep the moral high ground.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with her. Leopards don't really change their spots when it comes to cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her first. Although you are 99% sure and you have seen messages she sent via skype it does not necessarily mean she's cheating.

If she is cheating, cut you losses and find someone who is worth your time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.