Turn on thread page Beta

Cheating partner watch

ReputationRep:
    I would probably want to know why.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest waterboarding as a way of getting the truth out of her.
    It's very effective :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Break up with her. Leopards don't really change their spots when it comes to cheating.
    This.

Sadly, its true. Once they've cheated, they've done it.

Sure all this about giving second chances, but the thing being if they did it once.. Its not SO hard to do it again. And how many chances are you going to give them?

Anyway, so I confronted her. She lied and quickly changed her skype password, proceeding to say how it wasn't working out and that she didn't cheat. I just can't understand why she just keeps lying.

In contrast to the rage I was feeling earlier and the whole day I've been wondering what to do, I feel elated now its over. Thanks for the advice guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyway, so I confronted her. She lied and quickly changed her skype password, proceeding to say how it wasn't working out and that she didn't cheat. I just can't understand why she just keeps lying.

In contrast to the rage I was feeling earlier and the whole day I've been wondering what to do, I feel elated now its over. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Glad to hear you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    well if you're sure there's nothing to really confront her about
    just remove her from
    your life!

ReputationRep:
    I would say she isn't being loyal to you with those messages, but I wouldn't say she is conclusively a cheat. Best to confront her and see what she has to say, then decide whether you can forgive and forget or need to cut her off.

ReputationRep:
    So i've just found out my girlfriend(well not anymore) is cheating on me, 99% sure of it. We've been together for almost 2 years now and needless to say I am raging?

What is the best course of action? To confront her or just delete her from my life?
    Those Skype messages don't necessarily mean she's cheating.
    Confront her, and see what she says.

ReputationRep:

OP, what a difficult situation for you to be in!
    What I would suggest as a reasonable adult would be that, given how inconclusive your 'evidence' is, you show some respect for your partner and have a discussion with her.
    You've been together for two years right....you would think in that time you would have built up enough of a bond to work something out and be mature about it.

What I would really avoid is getting involved in any abusive name-calling...otherwise you might as well have p*ssed way two years if your life and come out with nothing to show for it but a bag of regrets and yet another ex who hates you.....

ReputationRep:
    Dont try to it'll make you look insecure and scared. be a man and act like it doesnt bother you and let her move away from you if she wants, after all she dumped you. you shouldnt have to take certain measures because of that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.