Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I've applied to start a full time access course away from home in september. However, I can't apply for student finance as I thought I could.

    I know the tuition fees can be paid by the college but is there any other help for rent/living expenses etc? I'll be living with a friend who has also applied and is in the same situation as me.

    I'm 23 and have no savings or any other financial support and come from a low income family. Can I still get income support/housing benefit etc? Are there any grants available?

    Just needs to be for one year until I can apply for a higher education course and get the proper finance.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.