Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so, i have offers from both the university of liverpool and the university of exeter. but i reaaaaaaaally don't know where to go!

all cmnts appreicated xoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    What would you like to study? I know Liverpool has a well earned excellent reputation for cources in History, English, Medicine and Vetinary Medicine. Languages, especially French, I'm told, are also well rated too. Liverpool's nightlife is unequaled by anywhere in Britain, but Exeter is in such a nice peacful location. Both are attracting an increasingly posher student too, which is good if your a Home Counties trust fund kid who couldn't get into Oxbridge, the Sorbonne or one of the very prestigious American universities. It's bad if you're a working-class kid from...well, let's say Liverpool. A good number of your classmates will speak like they have plums in their mouths, drive BMW and Audi roadsters and will drink a lot of Pimms. Your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool! I just firmed my unconditional. Was there on Tuesday and Wednesday... the uni is very impressive. Some of its departments are amongst the best in the country. The campus is quite large, but compact and is literally only a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. The nightlife and shopping is pretty awesome too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjcw20)
    Liverpool! I just firmed my unconditional. Was there on Tuesday and Wednesday... the uni is very impressive. Some of its departments are amongst the best in the country. The campus is quite large, but compact and is literally only a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. The nightlife and shopping is pretty awesome too.
    agreed and i reckon i'll firm my unconditional when i visit it! i think it's prestigeous but not big-headed what did you feel about the accomidation (if you looked at it)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekatina)
    agreed and i reckon i'll firm my unconditional when i visit it! i think it's prestigeous but not big-headed what did you feel about the accomidation (if you looked at it)?
    When are you visiting? I didn't get to see the accommodation unfortunately. I couldn't get over for either accommodation open day, the 2nd one is this Saturday. They started sending out invite emails for accom. last Friday though, so I sent off my top 3 choices as soon as I got it as I heard its very compeitive for some places. I choose Prospect Point as my first pick... 10 mins walk fron campus, modern rooms, ensuite. So I'd think about firming soon lol the only good thing for people with unconditional offers is that our accom applications get processed first so you may be ok yet

ReputationRep:
    i visited liverpool other day and it looked quality, ive just firmed my unconditional also applying for derby and rathbone accom.

exeter has a good rep, but its a treck away for returning home etc if your from t'up north :P

ReputationRep:
    i am visiting 20th April, I was going to go this saturday but i'm from london so it's really too far away to just purely to see the accommodation so even if there isn't any accomm. tours on the subject post-app open day my dads gonna drive round and just have a nose!
    I was gonna put PP down but it seems that everyone is so by the time I get round to applying it'd probably been taken up! that's wicked

and to BoltonFan123 I can't wait to see it and I think that's where I will apply for accom. too hope we get it! exeter does have a good rep, but the place surronding isn't 'live and happening' which is what young people want!!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the suggestions everyone. in the end i decided to firm exeter and insure liverpool. xoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekatina)
    i am visiting 20th April, I was going to go this saturday but i'm from london so it's really too far away to just purely to see the accommodation so even if there isn't any accomm. tours on the subject post-app open day my dads gonna drive round and just have a nose!
    I was gonna put PP down but it seems that everyone is so by the time I get round to applying it'd probably been taken up! that's wicked

and to BoltonFan123 I can't wait to see it and I think that's where I will apply for accom. too hope we get it! exeter does have a good rep, but the place surronding isn't 'live and happening' which is what young people want!!
    Fair old drive from london haha, are you wanting self catered en suite?, apparantly prospect point is not as good as greenbank or carnatic as its a mixture of LJM and LH students aswell mainly people trying to avoid hectic student-ness :L what subject are you studying if i may ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoltonFan123)
    Fair old drive from london haha, are you wanting self catered en suite?, apparantly prospect point is not as good as greenbank or carnatic as its a mixture of LJM and LH students aswell mainly people trying to avoid hectic student-ness :L what subject are you studying if i may ask?
    Everyone is raving about Prospect but yeah I'm not sure and I certainly don't want to be with either 2nd/3rd years or LJM/LH students that aren't involved in the same activities and/or are boring. I want the student vibes.
    I am not studying it yet, but in Sept I'm hoping to study Communications, Media and Popular Music.
    It is a fair old drive, NOT looking forward to it hahaha! Yeah I want SC en-suite but I heard competition for it is tough. I am praying they give priority for unconditional offer holders?! So I guess you recommend those halls then?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    thanks for the suggestions everyone. in the end i decided to firm exeter and insure liverpool. xoxoxo
    It's what I would have done.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.