Turn on thread page Beta

depression and kicked out of college watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if this is the right place to stick this post, as i tried sticking on the health section anonymously but I really need help so here is my story:

Heyy everyone sorry if this is in the wrong area, as I just thought it would be best if I posted this anonymously. Also sorry if you can’t understand this as I am in a rush to write this.

Anyways I was kicked out of college about a month ago because according to the teachers (who were real b****ereds) because of my depression. It had really affected me, for example every time morning came I just couldn’t cope getting out of bed and it felt sooooo horribleeee especially when I couldn’t sleep at night and I woke up at least 3 times and by the time you know it morning has come. I also had many headaches and had cramps in belly, my bones ached and I was very unhappy and always quiet. I had taken a btec level 3 in electronic engineering (which was a waste and this was always partly why I as depressed) one of my teachers who was the head of the course I know hated me, as he always picked on me.

Anyways the crunch came about a month ago when I was seeing a mentor, counsellor and my doctor all of whom emailed by head of course and tutor explaining my situation and that it should be kept confidential. Well that didn’t last long when my tutor started telling people my problems and before consulting me he thought he should tell the class that he was going to kick me out. This made me feel so embarrassed and down that I didn’t attend for 3 days. I hadn’t mentioned my depression to my mom, however mentioned it to my sister and my dad occasionally he lives in the us).

So this tutor of mines decides to call my mom and telling her that I hadn’t been attending and went on to telling her about my situation which he knew was confidential and had no right telling her!!!!! And when she found out she was mad as hell at me and saying what do you have to be depressed abouttttt!!!!!!!! Your 16!!!!!!!! And blah blah blah. So he wanted to arrange a meeting with her ( I guess to shame me much more) and before the meeting my sister went to see him and told him you had no right to tell my mom about my brother and that you had also no right of telling people in the class and forcing him to tell his situation in front of the class. He then tried blaming me saying I had told the class my self (I didn’t even tell my own friends about my situation). When I and mom went to see my tutor I had let all anger out on him telling him he had no right to tell people my situation!!!!! And that he wants to kick me out of college because I am depressed!!!! He then again tried pinning everything on me saying I had told the class and making false stories and my mom thought getting kicked out was my fault.

Anyways now I am feeling I have made a recovery and hope this does not happen again. However I am ready to apply to do AS levels but don’t know what to write where it says WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT SCHOOL OR COLLEGE and wants REFERENCE. So should I just write n/a???? And regarding the reference, I have my secondary school reference. Also should I ever hopefully get an interview should I tell them that I hadn’t gone to college or sixth form due to personal reasons or should I tell them the truth ( but if I tell them I had gone to college for a while they may want a reference from my btec course and as I have said my situation had really affected my performance and to be honest I don’t want to step foot into that college).

p.s: this sixth form I am applying to had accepted me for AS levels but I decided not to go. What will I say if they ask why did you not decide to attend our sixth form?
    Hope you guys can help.

ReputationRep:
    "what do you have to be depressed abouttttt!!!!!!!! Your 16" - Aren't the most suicides done by teenagers? Not sure if true, but I'm sure it's something like that.

EDIT - I agree with your mum completely tbh lol, but just saying that teenagers can get depressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool pilot dude)
    what do you have to be depressed abouttttt!!!!!!!! Your 16!!!!!!!!
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    This.
    Depression is an illness :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    by the way guys it just wasnt my mom who said this when she found out. But my teacher too. By the way have you guys got any answers to my application to sixth form for the next academic year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGregg)
    Depression is an illness :facepalm:
    It is both an illness and an emotion. It's unclear which he is experiencing, but he says that he's depressed by taking a btec and getting headaches, which makes it seem to me as if it's the emotion that he's describing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    It is both an illness and an emotion. It's unclear which he is experiencing, but he says that he's depressed by taking a btec and getting headaches, which makes it seem to me as if it's the emotion that he's describing.
    I just assumed since he stated he was seeing a doctor for it.

ReputationRep:
    great lord the btec course just made me partly depressed otherwise I was depressed. Even in year 10 and 11 I felt some depression. I just wasnt experiencing headaches, but cramps in my belly, nervousness and other things. Anyways as I asked is there anyone who can answer my questions regarding my application to sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool pilot dude)
    Anyways now I am feeling I have made a recovery and hope this does not happen again. However I am ready to apply to do AS levels but don’t know what to write where it says WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT SCHOOL OR COLLEGE and wants REFERENCE. So should I just write n/a???? And regarding the reference, I have my secondary school reference. Also should I ever hopefully get an interview should I tell them that I hadn’t gone to college or sixth form due to personal reasons or should I tell them the truth ( but if I tell them I had gone to college for a while they may want a reference from my btec course and as I have said my situation had really affected my performance and to be honest I don’t want to step foot into that college).

p.s: this sixth form I am applying to had accepted me for AS levels but I decided not to go. What will I say if they ask why did you not decide to attend our sixth form?
    Hope you guys can help.
    I'd just get in contact with the 6th form your trying to apply to and kinda explain the situation in brief without telling them the drama of the guy who was giving trouble, maybe that you had personal difficulties throughout your time at your previous school/college, that they are pretty much sorted/under control and that you want to re - embark on your education.

Or something like that?

Get a reference from your secondary school? Or a teacher that liked you?

I'm confused is it for a new college/ or for the same place? If its for the same place i'd advise going elsewhere for a fresh start tbh?

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! whatthefudgecaaaaaaake.

People really need to be made more aware of depression and what it is!
    Depression is a chemical imbalance which occurs in the brain. It can be very serious and affects people in different ways.
    I suffered with it for many years along side with anxiety and was stuck on Seroxat and Deanxit.
    However, I do agree that some people do play it up. BUT for some- it really is horrific and can lead to suicide over a situation that some people may see as nothing at all but to others it can really send them over the edge.

ReputationRep:
    heyyyy neberyyy thanksss so muchhh for your reply!!!! Regarding your question about if it is for a new college the answer is yes although I had applied there before and got accepted to do AS levels and made a mistake not accepting the offer. And yes I already have a reference from my secondary school. Also I agree with your recomendation about having a fresh start.

Once again thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    heyyy tally debenidicts sorryy to hear about your depression. I know some people fake it which makes it hard sometimes for the people who actually have depression to be beleived. By the way I like your saying what the fudge cakeeeeeee hahaha. It seems people who dont beleive in depression are a bunch of fruit cakes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.