Turn on thread page Beta

Who to vote for in the next election watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 18 in september, so it's more than likely that I'll be able to vote in the next election unless there's a sudden emergency and one is called in the next couple of months.

TBH I think I'm a lib dem/ labour kind of person and would have liked them to join up but they didn't have enough people

I don't want to be voting lib dem and basically have a vote wasted especially seeing as in my area the lib dem candidate is useless and lives over an hour away. Plus they're out of favour now as they went against msot of their promises but that's only cos they haven't got as many people as the tories (who I hate BTW).

. . .

ReputationRep:
    Vote for whichever you feel. I'm sure that when you're done the country will improve immediately.

There's a sucker born every minute.

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives

ReputationRep:
    Labour = coca cola
    Lib dem = coca cola light
    Conservatives = pepsi

Your vote is that relevant.

(Original post by garethDT)
    Labour = coca cola
    Lib dem = coca cola light
    Conservatives = pepsi

Your vote is that relevant.
    This.

BNP = coca cola with urine.

ReputationRep:
    The *****y Government we have right now is a reminder to never vote for tories again. Labour all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody. All the mainstream political parties are awful, all the minor political parties are mental.

I'm just going to start voting for decent independents if there are any, and if there aren't then I won't vote. The party mentality is holding back British politics.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, we've never had this thread before. Couldn't you have just posted in one of the older ones?

ReputationRep:
    BNP. It's about time we kicked every foreigner out. Harsh but true.

ReputationRep:
    Plus I think immigration needs sorting out properly but UKIP/ BNP are sometimes a bit too extreme.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Nobody. All the mainstream political parties are awful, all the minor political parties are mental.

I'm just going to start voting for decent independents if there are any, and if there aren't then I won't vote. The party mentality is holding back British politics.
    Damn I remember you being a massive Lib Dem supporter. What changed?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this is all a bit depressing. Why don't any of you get involved if the people doing politics right now are so undeniably awful?

Right now, my vote goes to David Miliband. Anything that makes him Prime Minister gets my vote, even if it means hiding Ed in a cupboard. He's genuinely a different class to anyone currently at the top of politics right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Damn I remember you being a massive Lib Dem supporter. What changed?
    Just a realisation that they're no better than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    Wow, this is all a bit depressing. Why don't any of you get involved if the people doing politics right now are so undeniably awful?

Right now, my vote goes to David Miliband. Anything that makes him Prime Minister gets my vote, even if it means hiding Ed in a cupboard. He's genuinely a different class to anyone currently at the top of politics right now.
    To win as an independent requires serious luck, and since I would only ever stand as an independent as I don't relish the idea of becoming part of a party machine, there's not much point in me getting involved in national politics anyway.

Local politics is even more broken than national politics. Basically we just elect mini dictators every few years.

ReputationRep:
    Monster raving loony party?

In all seriousness, just have a read of the parties websites, beliefs, manifestos and general ideals. And see what is most in line with your own beliefs and ideas.

It can be hard, especially as right now the three major parties do seem to be sacks of ****.
    Personally, I may be tempted to vote Plaid Cymru in the next election if I am living in Wales at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Monster raving loony party?

In all seriousness, just have a read of the parties websites, beliefs, manifestos and general ideals. And see what is most in line with your own beliefs and ideas.

It can be hard, especially as right now the three major parties do seem to be sacks of ****.
    Personally, I may be tempted to vote Plaid Cymru in the next election if I am living in Wales at the time.
    there isn't a M.R.L.P. candidate near me unfortunatly :P

Plus something else that ticks me off is that even in the labour party, almost all the candidates are posh and went to private schools then oxbridge.

I liked it when a bunch of students asked Nick Cleg when the last time he had to live off 25k a year, and he couldn't answer :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    And you live in London saying that? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    The *****y Government we have right now is a reminder to never vote for tories again. Labour all the way.
    Bit ironic considering your government got us into this in the first place with an unelected prime minister with no sense whatsoever?

To be fair, I agree with Cosmos. All the mainstream political parties are rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably vote tory again, at least they are going some way to getting us out of the colossal mess labour put us in. Yes, there have been cuts but there would have been cuts regardless of who came in to power because we simply couldn't carry on sleepwalking into so much debt. I do think all politicians are slightly corrupt though, you just have to choose the lesser evil. I'd never not vote because even if I wasn't a top fan of any of the parties I'd still have a preference in terms of who won the battle to leadership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    Hmm what do you define foreigner as? Someone who isn't white who doesn't have a british accent? Considering that some of the richest people in England are foreign, and many of the students at top unis are foreign too, we kind of need them. We need a government who will seriously tighten immigration but who will also encourage british people to get off their arses, stop claiming benefits, and work harder at their education so that they can take up jobs and foreign employment isn't necessary. You sound racist. I don't like you.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.