Turn on thread page Beta

Where can I find a floral dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was looking for a floral print (short) evening dress and I wanted a really specific type of one. I want a floral print with a sweetheart neckline and a tulip shaped dress.

The sweetheart neckline isn't a must (the dress can be strapless/strappy with any neckline, I'm not fussy) but I really want a tulip dress because it suits my body shape the most.

I've looked in a few places but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right places and I'd prefer it not to be on an online store but if that's the only place I can find it, then a link would be brilliant, thanks.

Budget : £50-ish but nothing ridiculous like £100 or anything.

Just as a guide shape, the floral dress I have in mind looks like this but with a floral print where I'm not fussy about the straps.

Any other suggestions are welcome because I know that this is quite a specific type of dress I've asked for

ReputationRep:
    Primark have some similar at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racheld25)
    Primark have some similar at the moment
    Erm, Primark is a bit iffy for me because they do have nice stuff but I find they don't last very long. Also, I kind of want to recycle this dress over and over again at university formal events and stuff.
    Edit: Love your sig btw

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Erm, Primark is a bit iffy for me because they do have nice stuff but I find they don't last very long. Also, I kind of want to recycle this dress over and over again at university formal events and stuff.
    Edit: Love your sig btw
    Fair enough I work for Primark. The clothes are only designed to last a season - so 3 months.

I always go to Republic for dresses, they have some floral ones in. Not sure about the shape though.
    P.S. Ty

http://www.republic.co.uk/browse/wms...n&setpagenum=1

ReputationRep:
    Try Lipsy

ReputationRep:
    Try dorothy perkins. They sell a lot of the tuilip style dresses and used to do floral patterns. Not sure if they still do though!

ReputationRep:
    Try asos!

ReputationRep:
    lipsy and motel spring to mind... also asos because its just vast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snufkin_)
    Try dorothy perkins. They sell a lot of the tuilip style dresses and used to do floral patterns. Not sure if they still do though!
    I looked at Dorothy Perkins and there were actually quite a few tulip style dresses that I liked One issue though is that a lot of the ones I liked had a high neckline and I have a larger chest than normal so the high neckline would just unbalance me boobs-wise.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at Dorothy Perkins and there were actually quite a few tulip style dresses that I liked One issue though is that a lot of the ones I liked had a high neckline and I have a larger chest than normal so the high neckline would just unbalance me boobs-wise.
    I suggest trying them on, I have a large chest myself and there are some really nice square knecklines that are really quite flattering as they have the belt encorporated into the dress style.

I got a really nice floral dress there last summer and was quite impressed as normally I find it difficult to find dresses that fit in my chest area, as normally I have to go up a size but then their too baggy every where else, but i find those dresses generally have quite a, shall we say, generous amount of fabric in the boob area

Have you tried looking at a department store website like Debenhams? They emailed me this morning to tell me they have a 50% sale off at the moment too! I'm presuming thats just certain items though

ReputationRep:
    i know its not exactly what your after but dresses like this http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...48&pageSize=20 actually have a lowish neckline. They cover everything but aren't high by any means

ReputationRep:
    In a charity store

ReputationRep:
    I suggest trying them on, I have a large chest myself and there are some really nice square knecklines that are really quite flattering as they have the belt encorporated into the dress style.

I got a really nice floral dress there last summer and was quite impressed as normally I find it difficult to find dresses that fit in my chest area, as normally I have to go up a size but then their too baggy every where else, but i find those dresses generally have quite a, shall we say, generous amount of fabric in the boob area

Have you tried looking at a department store website like Debenhams? They emailed me this morning to tell me they have a 50% sale off at the moment too! I'm presuming thats just certain items though
    I have that same problem accomodating for my chest. The only reason why I was keen on a sweetheart neckline was that it makes your shoulders look smaller apparently? :confused: Not sure about that because I usually avoid sweetheart necklines because of my broad shoulders. But I'll try and see if square necklines do me any good. I might try some of the higher necklines as well even though I know it will make my boobs look massive. :nothing: The dress is for my school's formal (not as dressy as prom) so I kind of want to look grown up and kind of summery for the formal.

I looked online on Debenhams yesterday but I'm gonna look again this weekend. I might try House of Fraser as well actually now that you've mentioned it but department stores tend to be iffy with their collections some times.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/party-d...is-DR04713_021
    ??

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ress_220379599

i brought one in a different colour that's not shown here, it's more pinky and bright and the dress fits great

ReputationRep:
    There's a really pretty floral dress at new look! I'll see if i can upload a picture, it's tulip shaped, a navy with lighter blue/grey flower prints, and has quite a lowish neckline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dol:))
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ress_220379599

i brought one in a different colour that's not shown here, it's more pinky and bright and the dress fits great
    and

i know its not exactly what your after but dresses like this http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...mp;pageSize=20 actually have a lowish neckline. They cover everything but aren't high by any means
    Both are really gorgeous but these are really pretty day dresses! I was looking for an evening dress. Also, I want very light colours that are sort of summery. Sorry, I know I'm being really fussy haha

Oooh this is really pretty!
    I think it's the closest thing to the kind of print I had in mind.

The print I had in mind was:

ReputationRep:
    I have that same problem accomodating for my chest. The only reason why I was keen on a sweetheart neckline was that it makes your shoulders look smaller apparently? :confused: Not sure about that because I usually avoid sweetheart necklines because of my broad shoulders. But I'll try and see if square necklines do me any good. I might try some of the higher necklines as well even though I know it will make my boobs look massive. :nothing: The dress is for my school's formal (not as dressy as prom) so I kind of want to look grown up and kind of summery for the formal.

I looked online on Debenhams yesterday but I'm gonna look again this weekend. I might try House of Fraser as well actually now that you've mentioned it but department stores tend to be iffy with their collections some times.
    Ohhhh I seeeee. Prom Dress got it!

yeah be careful with sweetheart necklines, especially when ordering online, i often find they hardly work at all or reallllllly accentuate your boobs so i personally feel really uncomfortable with that much on show but look great on some people!

I'm not sure about florals but i find FCUK sometimes is good, their dresses are quite tight so it doesn't matter if you go a few sizes bigger for fabric around the chest area...

ReputationRep:
    what colours are you after? i see you like the print on the dress up there is that the same colours?

Oasis has quite a few florals in as well http://www.oasis-stores.com/Print-Co...uct/5550031067

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.