Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ... I went to the Sussex Admissions day on Tuesday. To put it lightly, It was. Interesting. Firstly, the Sussex area is a right ol' dive. Derelict shops, graffiti.. And the Uni itself was no better. Very dated, well I suppose there's no helping that when the university is designed in the shape of a cat, the library shaped like a book and the lecture halls a butterfly. Besides appearances of Sussex, the Staff lacked the Je ne sais quoi. Basically, I didn't like my first impressions of Sussex.
    Not to negative...

What does anyone else think?

Btw. I'm at Durham Now.

ReputationRep:
    i thought about re-applying to sussex but aint going to an more. its such a bad place to be. the buildings look disgusting
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Damn I had an offer from them last year is it that bad?

ReputationRep:
    I secretly ask myself the same question. :blush: I stayed there for a weekend with my friend who goes there and really didn't like it. Didn't like the accommodation, didn't like the bits of the university I saw... just really didn't like it. I do really like Brighton though, it's a great place! I never met any staff or went for an open day so I can't talk about Sussex in an academic respect but from what I saw... :no:, really not my sort of place. But hey, I guess this is all subjective.

ReputationRep:
    I only go there because it has "sex" in its name

ReputationRep:
    I went there and liked it a fair amount, but always mainly because it's near Brighton. Then after two open days talking to really really boring unenthusiastic staff I got really worried and started opening my eyes more to other unis. It has a good rep and the students seemed enthusiastic so I was mega confused.

ReputationRep:
    This is all subjective to be honest. I personally didnt like city university but many other people do. I didnt like the staff there either, but again, many other people did!

I like sussex although that cat shape was pretty funny lol Also the students are very enthusiastic and so is the staff from what i saw. I think the reason it seemed boring to you is maybe because everyone was on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    A cat? Really? That's certainly an interesting design.

ReputationRep:
    In my day all the bimbos from my school went there but I guess it's gone up the rankings since then(?)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    A very close friend of mine has a very good opinion of it, feck knows why. In my day all the bimbos from my school went there 'n' all..
    Whats your day? 1970's?...I think its time you change your perception. It is one of the top unis in UK now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    Whats your day? 1970's?...I think its time you change your perception. It is one of the top unis in UK now.
    Sussex is a top UK Uni? u mad? It's alright, but there would have to be a large amount of synchronised gas mains explosions across various universities in the UK for it to become 'one of the top'.

ReputationRep:
    It was acceptable in the 80's

P.S. I should have given the context sorry, she's had offers from Warwick, Exeter, Leeds and Kings.. and could have gone anywhere she wanted really, which is why I find it odd that she'd even consider Sussex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    It was acceptable in the 80's

P.S. I should have given the context sorry, she's had offers from Warwick, Exeter, Leeds and Kings.. and could have gone anywhere she wanted really, which is why I find it odd that she'd even consider Sussex
    Not even Calvin Harris can make Sussex good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlllll)
    Not even Calvin Harris can make Sussex good...
    I would just like to know what university do you go to? or any of the other people on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to know what university do you go to? or any of the other people on this thread.
    Offers from UCL, LSE, Warwick and Notts, UCL is going to be my firm soon, Warwick insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Guess it's all subjective, I firmed it the other day. Visited it twice officially and stayed with friends twice and loved it every time. Different strokes for different folks eh.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the feel of the university, though the people at the university seem either girls or feminine males.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I love Sussex. I really, really, really hope I get the grades to go in October. If not I'm taking a gap year, re-taking and reapplying. I don't want to go anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I went there for a open day..And well, it was so tiny and bleeh! >.< But, i got a free pen..so i like it 15% out of 100 XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.