Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remanisce)
    the university is designed in the shape of a cat, the library shaped like a book and the lecture halls a butterfly.
    Seriously?!

Edit: Just looked on google maps, still dont get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I liked sussex when I went there. I firmed it even though I had an offer from a much 'better' uni (top 5) Hopefully I will get in. This thread doesn't scare me
    See you there if I fail to get in my firm :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    See you there if I fail to get in my firm :flutter:
    :woo: Lets hope you fail then (joking ) What course?

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Lets hope you fail then (joking ) What course?
    Maths with foundation year, I want to change to physics/Engineering possibly though.

ReputationRep:
    So many opinions on Sussex hahha. I really should have made a visit to make up my mind cant **** decide !

Keele --> Nice campus community, great socials but isolated
    Sussex--> Beter academics, central location

ReputationRep:
    One word; Brighton!

ReputationRep:
    I liked sussex when I went there. I firmed it even though I had an offer from a much 'better' uni (top 5) Hopefully I will get in. This thread doesn't scare me
    Ooh... What subject? I'm hoping to be there in October to do physics.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few looks around because my sister's studying there. Seems alright to me, has a good rep and Brighton is gorgeous and fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remanisce)
    ... the university is designed in the shape of a cat, the library shaped like a book and the lecture halls a butterfly.
    Just to be clear, these are stories made up by students who are paid to do tours of the campus on open days. The cat idea came from the campus map shown on page 2 of this thread, those maps are no longer used on campus so that story should have died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Sussex gave you an A*AA offer.....?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -kit-kat-)
    Seriously?!

Edit: Just looked on google maps, still dont get it.
    See it now?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THU)
    I was about to firm my place for Sussex (other one being Keele) until I read this thread ! Just wondering, how is life on cumpus anyway? Is social life centered on campus (house parties , SU etc) or more in the city? which I can imagine at Brighton I have to admit that I really liked the 'campus community' at Keele, but I cant visit Sussex anymore (late offer) would I find this at Sussex as well?

And could Sussex really be called 'top'? especially compared to Keele?
    I don't know much about Keele, but I get the feeling Sussex is better (bias, perhaps?) Life on Campus is okay, though I deffo enjoyed living in student houses in Brighton far more! The SU doesn't plan too many activities which is a shame, but in all honesty when they do plan stuff a lot of people often don't go (e.g. Halloween thing in first year) - I reckon it's coz we're so close to Brighton! House parties were common in halls, especially towards the end of terms.

There is always something going on in Brighton anyway, IMO no University City in the UK can beat Brighton.

If you liked it then you have nothing to worry about! I honestly don't get all the hate on this thread - I've loved my time at Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish and Anthropology hopefully. The funny thing is I was never planning on firming Sussex but I changed my mind after visiting all the unis. The only bad thing I can say about Sussex is that the accommodation isn't that great, but you are only there for a year anyway

ReputationRep:
    Spanish and Anthropology hopefully. The funny thing is I was never planning on firming Sussex but I changed my mind after visiting all the unis. The only bad thing I can say about Sussex is that the accommodation isn't that great, but you are only there for a year anyway
    Awesome. If I wasn't doing physics I'd be doing Spanish and anthropology is so cool. Which accommodation have you applied for? I was aiming for Southampton until I visited Sussex and then I knew I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. If I wasn't doing physics I'd be doing Spanish and anthropology is so cool. Which accommodation have you applied for? I was aiming for Southampton until I visited Sussex and then I knew I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
    I haven't really had much of a look at accomodation yet so I'm still undecided I know I'm running out of time so I will probably give it a look later. I'm not sure whether I should completely ignore east slope or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    See it now?

Spoiler:
    Show
    aha, yeah thats so odd!

ReputationRep:
    Your offers are hilarious! Sussex did that to me too, gave me an insanely high offer which was way above that offered by several universities with a "higher" reputation

ReputationRep:
    I haven't really had much of a look at accomodation yet so I'm still undecided I know I'm running out of time so I will probably give it a look later. I'm not sure whether I should completely ignore east slope or not.
    Accommodation is a nightmare I found at Sussex, though my course seemed so ideal and the location is amazing, I didnt want to miss out. Reason for quoting: I had the same problem as you, didnt know whether to ignore east slope or not, however I just added it as my first choice yesterday. Its so much cheaper compared to the other accommodation and one of the single biggest complaints about students is that they'd wished they'd picked cheaper accommodation, as after a while it doesnt seem to matter. East Slope is supposed to be the accomm with the partys going on, which will compensate for the lack of SU capability. Its only 1 year and the first year is alot about meeting people, so what better accomm to be in? However, I must admit, it put me off completely on the open day, but thankfully thats over a month ago so my memory wasnt too clear and made me choose it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danzii)
    Accommodation is a nightmare I found at Sussex, though my course seemed so ideal and the location is amazing, I didnt want to miss out. Reason for quoting: I had the same problem as you, didnt know whether to ignore east slope or not, however I just added it as my first choice yesterday. Its so much cheaper compared to the other accommodation and one of the single biggest complaints about students is that they'd wished they'd picked cheaper accommodation, as after a while it doesnt seem to matter. East Slope is supposed to be the accomm with the partys going on, which will compensate for the lack of SU capability. Its only 1 year and the first year is alot about meeting people, so what better accomm to be in? However, I must admit, it put me off completely on the open day, but thankfully thats over a month ago so my memory wasnt too clear and made me choose it
    On the open day I thought East Slope looked awful But like you said its only for a year. And I think East Slope has the most residents so it will be easy to meet people. Hmm I think I might put it as my first choice. I hope I get it though, I hear there are lots of applicants for it.

ReputationRep:
    I went for Lewes Court, I read druggies were in East Slope.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.