Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to get an estimate with my household income taken into account. However, when I click on the link it just take me to a page that says I want to change my info but doesn't give me anywhere to fill it in...it says its at the bottom of the page but it isn't. So if I click on 'complete application' it takes me back to the page top page I copied below (in purple). It just keeps looping. How do I enter my household income info?

From the information you have provided so far, you may be entitled to the following student finance for 2011/12. This does not take your household income into account.

Type Amount requested Amount you may be entitled to
    Maintenance Loan Maximum £1,744.00
    Tuition Fee Loan £0.00 £0.00

You can also apply for support taking household income into account.

Your student finance application
    Your student finance estimate
    You have indicated that you wish to change the type of student finance estimate that you are applying for.

The information below shows an estimate of the amount of student finance you may be entitled to without taking your household income into account. To apply for this amount, click on the ‘Apply for the amount shown’ button.

Alternatively, you can enter your household income amount at the bottom of the page to get an estimate of how much you may be entitled to if your household income was taken into account. If you want to apply for that estimate amount, click on the ‘Continue based on household income’ button.

Your estimate so far - no household income provided
    From the information you have provided you are entitled for the following Student Finance without using household income

Maintenance loan of £1744.00

Tuition Fee Loan of up to £0.00

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    why do you keep creating threads? just wait for a reply on one of the others

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about? This is only my second thread and it is a different problem...

ReputationRep:
    I can't actually complete my application because of my above problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone solved this - I am stuck in a loop trying to complete the application. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You have to ring them, you can't edit the application once you've completed it.

ReputationRep:
    Got the same problem!!!
    Its so annoying, i have tried emailing direct gov but no answer yet.
    I know it sounds a bit mean but i am relieved that someone is in the same boat as me.
    Have you sorted out your problem yet? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaManatee)
    Got the same problem!!!
    Its so annoying, i have tried emailing direct gov but no answer yet.
    I know it sounds a bit mean but i am relieved that someone is in the same boat as me.
    Have you sorted out your problem yet? x
    emailing is no use, they do not answer emails, you need to phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    emailing is no use, they do not answer emails, you need to phone
    Yep, the email that floats around the internet has never been officially published anywhere. I think it is meant to be used when you have been asked to email something into them on the phone, just using it for general enquiries won't get you anywhere or will take a long while.

ReputationRep:
    Shame that i can't call them now because its out of hours, i will have to call them in the morning
    I'm wondering how they are going to sort this problem out, how they can intervene with my application and get it to work?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaManatee)
    Shame that i can't call them now because its out of hours, i will have to call them in the morning
    I'm wondering how they are going to sort this problem out, how they can intervene with my application and get it to work?
    x
    Sometimes if you are lucky they will fix it at their end, the vast majority of the time though they tell you to complete your application on paper and post it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Sometimes if you are lucky they will fix it at their end, the vast majority of the time though they tell you to complete your application on paper and post it in.
    I hope its the first option :/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.