Turn on thread page Beta

Probably a stupid question but do i have to wait the full 7 days before i take my pill again or can i take it earlier, only by 2 days, just a wonder really? Anyone done it before?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can, but what would be the point?

ReputationRep:
    I've done back-to-back packets before e.g. not had any pill free days at all, usually because I was due on while I didn't want to be like going on holiday or something. I can't imagine it would cause any problem tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, it's only making it longer that causes a problem. I never do because I find it confusing if I have to start taking it on a different day to what I'm used to. Why do you want to? I'm not sure it will stop your period earlier if that's the reason.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can. I once only left 6 days to make everything happen one day earlier, for example.
    You can also run two pack together to skip a period.
    If you're going to wait some other number of days you should at least wait to start the next pack after your period has started, otherwise I imagine your body would just get confused by the random presence of hormones, like it would if you missed a couple of pills normally. So there would be no point in that at all.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me what you think about me
    I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings
    Only ring your cell-y when I'm feelin lonely
    When it's all over please get up and leave

sorry, came into my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Probably a stupid question but do i have to wait the full 7 days before i take my pill again or can i take it earlier, only by 2 days, just a wonder really? Anyone done it before?
    If you've started the break, wait the full 7 days. If not, then just start the next packet.
    HOWEVER, do not take more than 2 months in a row. It will cause complications (read the destructions) and it will in some cases, be harmful to your body and the way it works.
    But yea, it's fine for two months, as long as you haven't already started the break

And don't be surprised, if you don't take the gap, if you spot slightly, it's normal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.