Different races/ breeds of people/ animals Watch

No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Can't remember where I heard it first but a Google search should give y'all some leads if ye interested..
I still haven't found any evidence that mixed race people have more health problems than non mixed race people :confused:
Great Lord Xenu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is evidence that different races have evolved seperately. Sherpas, for example, have evolved not to get altitude sickness.
Foo.mp3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
I still haven't found any evidence that mixed race people have more health problems than non mixed race people :confused:
'mixed race health problems', Google, Go! :rolleyes:
Nix-j-c
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
There is evidence that different races have evolved seperately. Sherpas, for example, have evolved not to get altitude sickness.
Different races are evolving separately like in your exapmle. But at the moment, they're not different enough to be different species, and I'm asking how long it would take before they couldn't properly interbreed.
Great Lord Xenu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nix-j-c)
Different races are evolving separately like in your exapmle. But at the moment, they're not different enough to be different species, and I'm asking how long it would take before they couldn't properly interbreed.
I'd say that with globalization and more breeding between races, a race forming an entirely separate species is unlikely.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cttp_ngaf)
Then you'll just have to come up with a new term to replace the word "race" in describing those variations. It seems a bit pointless.
The "proper"word is population; African population, European population etc.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'mixed race health problems', Google, Go! :rolleyes:
The first link seems to be to

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/...f_race_mixing/

A website that is against 'race mixing' and describes India as "a cesspool of race mixing".

It seems to be largely based on opinion that the white race should be kept 'pure'.

I was looking for scientific studies/papers?
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was looking for scientific studies/papers?
Ahh yes, I see. Well, maybe try de-limiting your search to the first result google comes up with
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh yes, I see. Well, maybe try de-limiting your search to the first result google comes up with
I looked through the first page and couldn't find anything from a reliable source
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I looked through the first page and couldn't find anything from a reliable source
Ahh well, must be rubbish then :rolleyes:
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh well, must be rubbish then :rolleyes:
I also found a thread on Stormfront on the first page, judge for yourself whether that's rubbish.
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also found a thread on Stormfront on the first page, judge for yourself whether that's rubbish.
Complete garbage then, must be :rolleyes:
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Complete garbage then, must be :rolleyes:
Ok, I still haven't found any sound data/papers/studies to suggest that mixed race people have more health problems than non mixed race people.

The thread on Stormfront is opinion based, as opposed to evidence based.
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The thread on Stormfront is opinion based, as opposed to evidence based
I certainly wouldn't base your quest for enlightenment on owt that comes out of an outfit like that aye.. ahh well, if there are no such studies that stand out/satisfy your individual critia I guess, as I say, it must be complete codswallop! :rolleyes:
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I certainly wouldn't base your quest for enlightenment on owt that comes out of an outfit like that aye.. ahh well, if there are no such studies that stand out/satisfy your individual critia I guess, as I say, it must be complete codswallop! :rolleyes:
If there's no evidence to support it, how can it be true?
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If there's no evidence to support it, how can it be true?
It can't be, there's no evidence :rolleyes:
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It can't be, there's no evidence :rolleyes:
If you have such evidence, why don't you share it?
I'd be interested to learn.
Foo.mp3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you have such evidence, why don't you share it?
I'd be interested to learn
(I don't?) Like I say, look around for yourself and if, unlike myself, you feel that what's out there does not constitute "some evidence to suggest" potential mental/physical health benefits/disadvantages then so be it :rolleyes:
Last edited by Foo.mp3; 7 years ago
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(I don't?) Like I say, look around for yourself and if, unlike myself, you feel that what's out there does not constitute "some evidence to suggest" potential mental/physical health benefits/disadvantages then so be it :rolleyes:
Given that the first page of Google results for 'mixed race health problems' constitutes mainly a) a website devoted to 'preserving' the white race, b) a thread on Stormfront and c) random Yahoo questions on mixed race babies, I'd love to know what evidence leads you to believe that mixed race people have more health problems than non mixed race people.
Nix-j-c
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Of course there's evidence, aswell as common sense, the more varied your genes are, the more situations you can easily adapt to = greater chance of survival therefore mixed race people are healthier in terms of gene variation.

Plus if you breed within your race, you may be inadvertantly be interbreeding with family members (although probably quite distant) and everyone knows that that can lead to extra/ less fingers etc etc so the complete opposite of this, breeding outside of your race is the bets option in most cases.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (300)
92.31%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (25)
7.69%

Watched Threads