The Student Room Group

What does this mean, its obviously not right!

:eek:My work collegue is a 42 year old man and he told me he is falling for this 17 year old girl who works with us? (and hes got a son who is 13!)

WTF!!! What does that mean seriously aint that a bit messed up? or am i the only one who thinks that??:eek:
Reply 1
It means he is a creepy paedophile. I advise you avoid him.
Reply 2
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
It means he is a creepy paedophile. I advise you avoid him.

How can he be considered a paedophile when the girl is 17 and legal? :confused:
Reply 3
Baller.
Reply 4
ok so 42 divided by 2 = 21, 21 + 7 = 28, 28=/= 17, therefore he is wrong
Reply 5
Original post by Genocidal
How can he be considered a paedophile when the girl is 17 and legal? :confused:

OK. Technically not a paedo but still wrong on every level, if you disagree, you're wrong :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
OK. Technically not a paedo but still wrong on every level, if you disagree, you're wrong :tongue:

That 42 year old man will be high fiving every single one of his friends right about now. But anyway who are we to judge if it's wrong or not? If it's legal then it's fine.
Reply 7
Does it really matter? Christ, it's between them what they want to do. Stop putting others down and grow the hell up.
Reply 8
Oh deary me. yes this is wrong! its not illegal its just wrong but im sure the 17year old thinks this too so whats there to worry about =D.. i hope :s-smilie:

That 42 year old man will be high fiving every single one of his friends right about now. But anyway who are we to judge if it's wrong or not? If it's legal then it's fine.

it's legal for a 71 year old to sleep with a 17 year old, but it's still gross. It's more gross because his son is close to that age. Could be her dad. Ick. Saying all this, I'm 18 and there are thirty-somethings that I definitely would :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
:eek:My work collegue is a 42 year old man and he told me he is falling for this 17 year old girl who works with us? (and hes got a son who is 13!)

WTF!!! What does that mean seriously aint that a bit messed up? or am i the only one who thinks that??:eek:

Only the lover can understand the love.
Reply 11
He's clearly working on his legend status.
Um yeah it's pretty euw.

I bet he thinks he's Hugh Heffner.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous

It's a bit weird, but men tend to fancy younger girls. It's how we're evolutionarily programmed to work: once a girl's fully mature, her fertility drops with age. For centuries it's been seen as normal for men of almost any age to lust after and have relationships with girls who, while technically mature, are much younger than them, even younger than 17. So while it's a bit weird now and our modern morals suggest ages should be more similar, once a girl's fully mature, there's not much physical difference whether she's 17 or in her early 20s.

Having said that, emotionally and personality-wise I'd expect them to be very different. Historically these wouldn't be such issues (marriage not being for love, etc.), but today I'd be a bit suspicious of a middle-aged man 'falling for' a 17 year old girl, as besides the physical attraction, I doubt the relationship would work too well.

It all screams mid-life crisis to me - older man wants to feel like a younger man again, so picks a young girl he fancies and starts to fall for her and the feeling of being younger again. A bit sad really, and almost certainly bound to end in tears.
It doesn't mean he's a creep, maybe he really does like her. Unless he starts following her home or weird **** that would typically indicate creepiness, it's just normal.
Though with such a gap the chances of them actually being compatible enough for a real relationship are fairly low, but it's not impossible.
If she wanted to get with him as well then I fail to see why it would be a problem really.

Quick Reply