Turn on thread page Beta

Medium-Long Guy Hairstyle Advice (pics included) watch

ReputationRep:
    For the past couple of years my hair has been some variation of this general shape:

pic removed

I've enjoyed it but I maybe want to try a longer style (I'm pretty certain short styles don't work on my head), so I'm currently growing my hair out. As you can see below, it doesn't sit well without being tamed once a month:

pic removed

So I need a cut soon. I want to decide on a style now, either one I can immediately go get done with it at it's current length or alternatively a long style I can prepare for (ie just get some weight taken out for now without shortening any important parts).

It's easier said than done though, my hair is stupid; the second pic shows it a bit, it's slightly wavy most of the way through then suddenly curls up at the end. So I can't do any straight styles. Any opinions on what might look good with my weird hair would be much appreciated! Cheers

Edit: whoops, sorry, didn't realise there's a forum dedicated entirely to threads like this...

ReputationRep:
    No no no, shorter is far better than longer. It already looks like a mess and also slightly Ron Weasley-ish.

So yeah, trim it. It'll prevent the waviness happiness too and it'll be more controllable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    No no no, shorter is far better than longer. It already looks like a mess and also slightly Ron Weasley-ish.

You think? Well I'd definitely consider it, any styles that would suit me in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    You think? Well I'd definitely consider it, any styles that would suit me in particular?

Don't much like the one below but you seem to like the fringe/length.

ReputationRep:
    I like it .

Wear some tweed :hmmm:.

ReputationRep:
    Looks okay the way it is dude. The clean, tidy look (yet tidily messy), is a good style to have. I'd say keep it unless you're sure a change is needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    I like it .

Wear some tweed :hmmm:.
    I like it too. Quirky.

ReputationRep:
    I like it too :^_^:

I think you should keep it how it is, but get some of the volume at the sides thinned out a bit so it's not as poofy/fluffy.

ReputationRep:
    I like the top picture best tbf =) why change it when it looks nice if you want to change it..... go talk to your hairdresser barber person whoever it is i still prefer the top style though dont like it when it gets too messy if ya get me

ReputationRep:
    Keep it as it is.... looks cool. Kind of like my hair actually (bar the colour).

All I'd do is next time you go get it cut ask the hairdresser to take some weight off it, which will make it look less bulky.

ReputationRep:
    I love your hair i think it looks cool, and suits your face shape. Erm, but i don't think you should cut it short it looks nice how it is, maybe just a little bit shorter than what it is? Have you tried leaving your hair natural without styling it or anything? sometimes long hair looks good when its all a mess

ReputationRep:
    Wow, pretty much a unanimous response. Thanks everyone, I think I'll just have a bit of weight taken out and stick with the current style. I do really like it, I was just starting to wonder if it still suited me. But apparently it does, so sorted!

ReputationRep:
    I think your hair looks great as it is
    You're really cute

ReputationRep:
    I was more interested in the food you're eating. It looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    Wow, pretty much a unanimous response. Thanks everyone, I think I'll just have a bit of weight taken out and stick with the current style. I do really like it, I was just starting to wonder if it still suited me. But apparently it does, so sorted!
    Wait a minute... Are you "Ron Wesley" from about a year ago o.O

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I tried the whole long hair thing a few years ago. I promise you, it's guaranteed to end in disaster. Not many lads can pull it off. For every one person that looks good with long hair, there are ten who look like complete tits, and no offence intended but I'm going to suggest you'll end up in the latter category (in fact you may already be in it).

ReputationRep:
    Why do you dress like a girl, though?

ReputationRep:
    i like your hairs / keepitkeepitkeepit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.