Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some (genuinley cool) people, like the school rugby champion, most popu. guy and chick say im cool or alright, so why do the spotty ginger gremlins of our hometown THE HAMILTONS disagree... and there are 12 of them... so minority wins, but just what defines cool people from hamiltons? Are we all cool on this forum? or is MSN Cooler (of course I know the answer to that...) :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :tsr: :tsr: !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cool has its roots in Middle English "cole", from Old English "col" and indicates aloofness, composure and absence of excitement in a person, especially in times of stress.

ReputationRep:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cool

ReputationRep:
    Cool is defined by me. Perhaps it is defined as the antithesis of myself: I have yet to ultimately decide.

ReputationRep:
    'Cool' is probably defined by not caring what defines it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cool can mean anything.

In schools though, it's usually the best looking or those good at sports who are the coolest.

ReputationRep:
    cant use the term "coolest" to define the term cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    'Cool' is probably defined by not caring what defines it! :p:
    I like that!! Too many supposedly 'cool' people have a bad attitude towards other they perceive as not being 'cool'- wouldn't want to be friends with anyone like that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Cool means anything. Cool means :
    'good' as in "That picture's cool" or
    'ok' as in "Put hand in a blender" "Cool." or
    'nice' "He's cool" (- if said in a pervy accent can also mean attractive) or
    Just as a statement when you have nothing else to say "Cool"

Can also be said as "Coolio" "Kewlies" "Cools" or "Coolerific"

And it means lots more but I'm to ill to type them all out... I need sympathy...

ReputationRep:
    coolosity is in the eye of the beholder

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.