Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tie him up so he can't walk away. Duct tape up his mouth so he can't interrupt you or get aggressive and tell him everything, all the gory details. Tell him exactly how you feel and why you feel that way, what he's doing to you, what you want him to do to you and where you think the relationship is going and where you want it to go. Tell him what you've been up to and why. If you want to save your relationship you need to get him to sit down and do **** all but listen, he needs to know. The key to a healthy relationship is honesty, a no secrets policy. Thats what went wroing in my last relationship. If your not happy tell him , if he is not prepared to see you towards your own happiness then he is not worth your time or your grief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireharmz)
    And this is the bad, I kinda know what to do, I stil don't understand his behaviour but I know I should leave but it's so much harder doing it than saying it and if I break up with him, I know exactly who I wil go to for comfort and then that wil reck all chances of me and my b/f sorting it out if he finds out but I can't avoid this person forever, or can I?
    Do not be scared of him. Your boyfriend needs to accept you happen to have a history with relationships, and that you may have male mates. I know it easier me saying go and break up with him, and it may upset you in 1 way, but do you really want to be with someone who makes you feel upset? It is important for your own sake that you make him treat you like a woman. If it is left then it could get worse. I'd suggest you have a talk with him, if he is not willing to co-operate then i reckon you leave him and find someone who you feel happy with. You sound scared of him, and you also sound unsure about what he may be capable of.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like your beau has problems. it seems like he wants to be with you but doesn't know how to show his feelings. has he had a bad childhood or something? maybe he is awful to you because he thinks you are going to reject him, so he is doing this before you do it to him. you really need to confront him about your problems and you need to sort yourself out as well as you are not going about sorting things out properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Leave him, for his sake.

Obviously his self esteem is pretty low and you just kicked him when he was down by flirting with someone else. You should be ashamed of yourself.

He assumes you've been cheating because in his eyes you pretty much have already by sending sexy flirty emails.

You said that you shouldn't have done it, but he should have given you more attention. It takes two, so don't expect the man to do all the work. You could have easily have tried talking to him about it.

You clearly aren't right for each other, and rather than reassuring him about the relationship you just seem to be twisting the knife in deeper. You're both young, so go out and live a little.

If he is genuinly being agressive so that you are afraid of him then get out now. But if you're idea of agressive is that he's in a mood with you then you two have to sit down and talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    He is genuinely agressive, he never used to have a bad temper, he has just acquired it recently, and he is like it with everyone, he is SO bitter! But he flies off the handle with me so much quicker, he says it's not my fault and I know for a fact, his little brotehr winds him up a lot more than I do but still it's me he has a go at.

I honestly, have treated him right, he tells me I have apart from when he gets agressive and then all logic goes out of the window and he is a completely different person (not someone I wanna be with) I have always been the best g/f iv every way apart from this hiccup and his moods started before this so it's not my fault, totally and are you forgetting he cheated on me? Shouldn't he be ashamed?!?!?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    and he is a completely different person (not someone I wanna be with)
    There you go, you have answered your problem yourself.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't coz I wanna be with him just not when he is like that.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think he will ever change, he is obviously unaware that he has problems, and it is not fair on either of you if you just stay with him for the sake of it. just leave!!!!!!!!!!!! you will feel alot better about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabs 14)
    i don't think he will ever change, he is obviously unaware that he has problems, and it is not fair on either of you if you just stay with him for the sake of it. just leave!!!!!!!!!!!! you will feel alot better about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stop with all them exclamation marks.

claire: Have you tried just leaving him to it when he is aggressive?

I think you need to leave him, that way he will think about things if he is a decent guy. If he then decides he will treat you better, then do what you want.

For other people on this thread: Let me get this straight. He cheats on her, then she sends a couple of flirty e-mails to someone and that necessarily makes her as bad as him? Honestly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i only use alot of exclamation marks when i am making an important point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i only use alot of exclamation marks when i am making an important point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What was so important about that point? :s:

ReputationRep:
    you were the one who made it a big point by pointing it out in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    dump him .........

ReputationRep:
    you were the one who made it a big point by pointing it out in the first place!
    Only a matter of time until someone else did...

ReputationRep:
    to everyone else reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all the exclamation marks annoying or are we just being petty for going on about it?
    i promise i will not put anymore exclamation marks after i make a comment in future. lets not argue.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sometimes I have to because he frustrates me that much so I end up wanting to slap him, like now for instance I said to him we need to talk later about us and what's going on and then he completely turned in round me and started saying "well your the one that has a go at me if I don't txt you" which isn't true! And more importantly, he knew we were gonna talk about his faults so he tried to have a go at me first!

--------------

I dont like the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I cant be arsed to say anything, and look even my grammar is lacking now. Wheres all my apostrophes gone??!?!

ReputationRep:
    to everyone else reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all the exclamation marks annoying or are we just being petty for going on about it?
    i promise i will not put anymore exclamation marks after i make a comment in future. lets not argue.
    no no no no no. Cancel what i said. Use as many as you like. I'm not your boss.

--------------

Yeah sometimes I have to because he frustrates me that much so I end up wanting to slap him, like now for instance I said to him we need to talk later about us and what's going on and then he completely turned in round me and started saying "well your the one that has a go at me if I don't txt you" which isn't true! And more importantly, he knew we were gonna talk about his faults so he tried to have a go at me first!
    Dump him. He seems to be acting more immature than me. He has shown he is not willing to co-operate and you do not deserve to be blamed for everything. Nor should you be the person who gets blamed for everything.

ReputationRep:
    thanks! does this mean that we are friends?

ReputationRep:
    thanks! does this mean that we are friends?
    We always were.

ReputationRep:
    yeah!

--------------

Lol!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.