Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance Problem! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Recently started the application process for student finance for 2011, but I'm having a problem with it.

Basically, I should be enititled to roughly £4,500 for a maintenance loan (based on household income and me living away from home), thats what the site keeps telling me, but on my application form it keeps coming up saying the maximum I'm allowed is £3,564 which is the live at home amount. No where on the form have I said I'm living at home, I've said I'll be living away for all of them.

I just don't know how to change it or whats gone wrong and it's so frustrating!!!! Any help appreciated

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomethingSpezial)
    Hi all

Recently started the application process for student finance for 2011, but I'm having a problem with it.

Basically, I should be enititled to roughly £4,500 for a maintenance loan (based on household income and me living away from home), thats what the site keeps telling me, but on my application form it keeps coming up saying the maximum I'm allowed is £3,564 which is the live at home amount. No where on the form have I said I'm living at home, I've said I'll be living away for all of them.

I just don't know how to change it or whats gone wrong and it's so frustrating!!!! Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Unless you are living in London £3564 is the most you get. The rest is made up by grant. People forget though that for every £1 of grant they receive they lose 50p of loan off the max. You can get a max grant of £2906 on top of the £3564 loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Unless you are living in London £3564 is the most you get. The rest is made up by grant. People forget though that for every £1 of grant they receive they lose 50p of loan off the max. You can get a max grant of £2906 on top of the £3564 loan.
    The calculator on their website told me I was eligable for roughly £4500 for the maintenance loan, and £750ish for the grant. Not living in London.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.