Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure that I'm going to firm King's, but I'm still waiting for my last reply on UCAS and I don't want to make my final decision until I've heard back from all the universities. If I wait a few more weeks till I firm King's and apply for accommodation, will this mean that the people that have already applied will get priority, and will be more likely to get their first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I too would like to know this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caulfield)
    I too would like to know this
    Hopefully someone will know haha, but I will keep looking on the King's website to see if I can find anything. I see you're going to do English as well, good choice have you got any preferences for accommodation so far? I have no idea how I'm going to pick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jthlm)
    Hopefully someone will know haha, but I will keep looking on the King's website to see if I can find anything. I see you're going to do English as well, good choice have you got any preferences for accommodation so far? I have no idea how I'm going to pick!
    well I've put Brian Creamer at the top simply because my friend told me to as she's doing the same. I can't really remember where the others came haha, it was like last month and I've been travelling across Europe ever since so it's been the last thing on my mind! :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm thirding a request to know this too.

Also I was wondering if you put say UCL as your firm and King's as your second and apply to live in intercollegiate halls, will one application cover both of them, if you ask nicely? That way you wouldn't be stuck accommodation if the firm fell through. Or are the colleges more separate than that?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caulfield)
    well I've put Brian Creamer at the top simply because my friend told me to as she's doing the same.
    I love that you love me this much.

P.S. Hi Ben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caro)
    I love that you love me this much.

P.S. Hi Ben.
    *chuckles* hi

ReputationRep:
    Accommodation is NOT done on a first come first served basis. You have as much of a chance as someone who applied a month ago or whatever as someone who applies on the deadline

And I think the deadline is the 30th of June I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jthlm)
    I'm fairly sure that I'm going to firm King's, but I'm still waiting for my last reply on UCAS and I don't want to make my final decision until I've heard back from all the universities. If I wait a few more weeks till I firm King's and apply for accommodation, will this mean that the people that have already applied will get priority, and will be more likely to get their first choice?
    I second what has been said above. It does not matter when you apply as far as you apply before the deadline (which is around July). You can even change your submitted application (someone told me this, might not be true) at anytime before the deadline since they won't look at it till then anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jthlm)
    Before you even look at your accommodation login on the website your suppose to read the handout, the handout will explain everything you need to know

link below, i think you have to read like pages 23 above for allocations policy's

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/content/1/c6/04...indocument.pdf

ReputationRep:
    It's not on a first-come-first-serve basis. As long as you apply before the states deadline you have as much chance of obtaining a certain residence as someone who sent in the application weeks ago does. Make sure you get it in before the stated date and hopefully you will be fine

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.