Turn on thread page Beta

What on earth is a Sponsor 1 PFF2 Form / Declaration??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody explain it to me?

As I can't supply a passport as evidence, I'm submitting my birth certificate, my signature declaration and my sponsor's signature, but it also asks for a Sponsor 1 PFF2 Form / Declaration - what exactly is that? And where can I get one for 2011/12

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The PFF2 form is the form that parents of 2nd and 3rd year students fill in to support the application.
    If yours is a new application you need a PFF1 form. As this has happened several times there appears to be a problem with the electronic forms.
    The PFF1 is not available as a download yet. You will have to ask SFE to send them by post, One for each parent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    The PFF2 form is the form that parents of 2nd and 3rd year students fill in to support the application.
    If yours is a new application you need a PFF1 form. As this has happened several times there appears to be a problem with the electronic forms.
    The PFF1 is not available as a download yet. You will have to ask SFE to send them by post, One for each parent.
    Same problem for me but student finance also sent me the PFF2 by post when im applying for first year study. I applied last year but cancelled

edit - Or will they want the pff2 since they might have my parents details from last year even if they didnt get as far as submitting their evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickyC)
    Same problem for me but student finance also sent me the PFF2 by post when im applying for first year study. I applied last year but cancelled

edit - Or will they want the pff2 since they might have my parents details from last year even if they didnt get as far as submitting their evidence?
    When you say cancelled did you cancel in writing to student finance as required to or did you "expect" the uni to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    When you say cancelled did you cancel in writing to student finance as required to or did you "expect" the uni to do it?
    Yeah I wrote + phoned and on my 2010/2011 section its states its been cancelled. I think i'll just have to phone them tomorrow to check.

ReputationRep:
    I phoned this morning and the guy said I did need a Pff1, however after 5 mins of waiting and him looking at my account his changed his mind and said a pff2 is meant for new students as well as continuing ones, that pff1 was the one for new comers last year while pff2 is for this years 1st years. Does that sound right?...

ReputationRep:
    NO IT DOESN'T
    A PFF1 has ALWAYS been for year 1 students, a PFF2 ALWAYS for returners.
    You've spoken to one of the living dead employed by SFE I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    On my student finance it also says I need a pff2 and I'm a first time applicant so I think it is a pff2 form as opposed to a pff1 now.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if i should just send the pff2 in and see what happens or call again. The guy also said i could just download the pff1 from the site but its not and my account would still contradict me needing it. :/

ReputationRep:
    If you're supporting a new or continuing student's application and don’t want to include your financial details on the student’s form, you’ll need to complete form PFF2.

^ From the student finance website

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for confirmation

ReputationRep:
    The PFF2 is the only form available for the 2011/12 academic year. Each parent can complete a PFF2 form with details of their income and then send that in - there's no need for a separate type of form for each parent.

Even if you did apply in a previous year, as you cancelled your application you will be classed as a new student and will need to provide all such evidence required.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so what do I do about this "Sponsor 2 PFF2 Form / Declaration" for my application ? I've done my application from the internet and it says "Select which evidence item you will provide to confirm your Sponsor 2 PFF2 Form / Declaration " and then either pick that form or "I cannot provide any of the items in the list above". Do I just pick the I cannot provide it one ?

EDIT: I need the PFF1 form if it's my 1st time, right ? But it only has PFF2 listed on the website. What do I select ? Do you send this seperate from the student finance application ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    Ok, so what do I do about this "Sponsor 2 PFF2 Form / Declaration" for my application ? I've done my application from the internet and it says "Select which evidence item you will provide to confirm your Sponsor 2 PFF2 Form / Declaration " and then either pick that form or "I cannot provide any of the items in the list above". Do I just pick the I cannot provide it one ?

EDIT: I need the PFF1 form if it's my 1st time, right ? But it only has PFF2 listed on the website. What do I select ? Do you send this seperate from the student finance application ?
    You only have pff2 this year, they changed it it's fine. pff2 is the only option, because it is the only option

ReputationRep:
    Ah i got right confused as well when it asked me for this form
    But i found out that because my Mum has to send her financial info by Post (i messed up her NI number and claimed she was a guy), the form you send is the PFF2 - so i guess its just like a written version of the online form you have to fill in?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.