Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR A2 German and my teacher hasn't mentioned anything about cultural topics yet I've had a look at the specification and it seems like you can get away without doing them - you have the option to talk about them in the oral or write about them in the exam but you don't have to. Is that right, or should I be worried? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It varies from exam board to exam board. I'm on AQA, so it may be different but we have two cultural topics which we discuss in the oral exam and write about in the writing exam.
    I'm assuming that your oral is within the next couple of months and that if you are doing cultural topics you may have done them by now? But as it sounds like you can get away without it then it could well be that your teacher is leaving it? I think it's best you talk to your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying My teacher's never taught the course before so I doubt he could tell me anything that isn't in the specification. I don't think I specifically need two cultural topics like a book and film, but I still need a topic for the oral... how about Namibia as a German-speaking region? I'm bored of talking about immigration, pollution etc, and hopefully the examiner won't know much about it and I'll sort of have the upper hand :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.