Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can anyone help me. I went to Liverpool John Moores University last year and quit because I couldn't handle the homesickness. Now I want but I haven't applied for it this year in my applications and have no more spaces to be able to apply for it. Do you think there is a way I could contact them or even if I went through clearing they would accept me.

Also ... the universities that I have applied for I don't want to go to but I'm worried that if I do go though clearing I might not get a place at all.... Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    One rule of thumb

dont go anywhere u don't want to go to.

don't worry about being older..just make sure u end up on a course and a uni u want to go to

ReputationRep:
    Thank I'm all ready 20 though and really don't want to wait till next year as it will cost a lot more... I'm so stuck!

ReputationRep:
    phone up the university in question, ask them if they have places left on the course, and ask them if you can apply direct as you really want to go there and do the course as you feel its best suited to you as a person and your educational development.

My friend did this after choosing 5 universities but didn't like them and then she contacted another one she did want to go to and they said they would take her application if she had the required grades. She then withdrew from her firm and sent a direct application to the university in question and they gave her an unconditional which she then firmed and went to. Most universities like this sort of thing as it means they get a student truly interested in the course they are offering.

If you have your grades already then you may be able to do it this way and get an unconditional. If you haven't got grades yet then I'd say the chances of this happening are a lot lower.

ReputationRep:
    If they have Extra spaces email them with your UCAS details to see if you have a strong application and if they say you do, withdraw from / decline the offers you have and apply via Extra

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, why not call the universities you want to go to on results day (clearing starts on results day) - and ask them if they will accept you through clearing, if they will then ask your ucas universities to release you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    If they have Extra spaces email them with your UCAS details to see if you have a strong application and if they say you do, withdraw from / decline the offers you have and apply via Extra
    if she has an unconditional offer and has firmed her offer though she wont be able to go into extra, only clearing once that opens.

Best to contact the university she now wants to go to and speak directly to them about a direct application.

My friend just printed her UCAS application and sent it in a post with a cover letter explaining her reasons, which the new university accepted, phoned her and gave her an unconditional offer.

Yes its strange circumstances but it can happen and if the university has places on that course then they'd rather give them to unconditional's who are likely to firm them straight away as it guarantees funding than leave them open to those with conditionals who could then choose another university once they get their results.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soo much... I'm worried now as I do have my grades and I'm one grade under but the universities that I want to go to did accepted me last year having one grade under.. Doesn't sound great ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    if she has an unconditional offer and has firmed her offer though she wont be able to go into extra, only clearing once that opens.

Best to contact the university she now wants to go to and speak directly to them about a direct application.

My friend just printed her UCAS application and sent it in a post with a cover letter explaining her reasons, which the new university accepted, phoned her and gave her an unconditional offer.

Yes its strange circumstances but it can happen and if the university has places on that course then they'd rather give them to unconditional's who are likely to firm them straight away as it guarantees funding than leave them open to those with conditionals who could then choose another university once they get their results.
    Oh, right, I didn't read it properly, thank you. Yeah, what you said seems to be the best idea so far.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.