Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ENOUGH! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I in no way support these dictators or see what they're doing right,but enough is enough!!!
    After alllllllllllllllll those scandals about Iraq now the same is happening to LIBYA!
    Ofcourse Gaddaffi& Saddam Hussein are horriblepeople
    but what AMerica and other countries are UNACCEPTABLE!
    Eveytime there's civil war ina country they have to butt in!!!
    This is NOTHING to do with them!!!!!!!!!!!
    They still havent leant form their mistake from iraq and now are applying their polices to other countries!!!
    These people might not be happy with their leaders,but that does in no way give any leader a right to kill Gaddaffi's,&Saddam Husseins sons!!!!!!!!

The whole world wasn't happy with George BUSH! but no country leaer goes and kills his sons or gets him hung!

how can all these people complain about Binladin when they terrorise the middle east?!
    Yeas Gadaffi is a horribile leader killing his own people but that shouldn't concern ANYBODY!

ORRRRRRR if you decide to somehow be some superman and save the middleeast maybe you should've started from Palestine!

ReputationRep:
    what an awful diatribe...where does one begin to address it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN)
    what an awful diatribe...where does one begin to address it?
    anywhere you wish
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    I in no way support these dictators or see what they're doing right,but enough is enough!!!
    After alllllllllllllllll those scandals about Iraq now the same is happening to LIBYA!
    They still havent leant form their mistake from iraq and now are applying their polices to other countries!!!
    These people might not be happy with their leaders,but that does in no way give any leader a right to kill Gaddaffi's,&Saddam Husseins sons!!!!!!!!

The whole world wasn't happy with George BUSH! but no country leaer goes and kills his sons or gets him hung!

how can all these people complain about Binladin when they terrorise the middle east?!
    Yeas Gadaffi is a horribile leader killing his own people but that shouldn't concern ANYBODY!

ORRRRRRR if you decide to somehow be some superman and save the middleeast maybe you should've started from Palestine!
    In future, can you please regulate your use of exclamation marks and capital letters.... THANKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    In future, can you please regulate your use of exclamation marks and capital letters.... THANKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol ok i will I wrote it with anger:cool:

ReputationRep:
    So how would you get them to leave? Ask nicely?
    Actually there was no civil war in Iraq, just a genocidal dictator with a taste for torture.
    America is only involved to a limited degree. The UN is the major body here, and as Libya is on the med, which is the southern border of the EU, I think it is our business. Not to mention the unfolding humanitarian crisis that is happening.They still havent leant form their mistake from iraq and now are applying their polices to other countries!!!

Actually I agree withh you on Palestine. But, one fire at a time, yes?
    I'm certain you are a troll, so that was most probably pointless, but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgyness)
    I'm certain you are a troll, so that was most probably pointless, but whatever.
    Byhe comment that you have written, I'm certain that YOU are a troll.This is not H&R,and I'm not making these issues up. I just fail to see why I am a troll, so you're a troll for calling me one.

ReputationRep:
    So we should just stand aside and let him get on with it? Doesn't sound very ethical to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    So we should just stand aside and let him get on with it? Doesn't sound very ethical to me.
    it's weird how they never helped palestine..

ReputationRep:
    it's weird how they never helped palestine..
    The difference is that Israel has never actively tried to kill innocent Palestinian civilians. It's just that it's rather careless and doesn't seem to care if some are killed by accident. Gaddafi on the other hand has vowed to slaughter Benghazi, and the only thing stopping him from doing so is Western intervention.

ReputationRep:
    They arn't. All they're going is making sure Gaddafi doesn't bomb the **** out of everyone/thing that is a rebel/owned by rebels.

ReputationRep:
    The difference is that Israel has never actively tried to kill innocent Palestinian civilians. It's just that it's rather careless and doesn't seem to care if some are killed by accident. Gaddafi on the other hand has vowed to slaughter Benghazi, and the only thing stopping him from doing so is Western intervention.
    Israel has targetted innocent civillians on a number of occasions. During the 2009 Gaza War Israel deliberatley targetted civillians in disproportionate attacks on civillian areas as was discovered by the UN Human Right Council's investigation. Read this and this.

Also Gaddafi didn't claim he was going to slaughter Benghazi he claimed he would slaughter the Al-Qaeda terrorists who were trying to destabilise Libya.
    NB: I am aware this is grade A bull**** come from a mad man.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the first sentence and stopped reading.I dont know what worl you're living in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwalchgwyn)
    They arn't. All they're going is making sure Gaddafi doesn't bomb the **** out of everyone/thing that is a rebel/owned by rebels.
    I have evidence from the past to make me worried: Iraq

They went to get rid of Saddam "appoarently"

ReputationRep:
    Israel targetted innocent civillians on a number of occasions. During the 2009 Gaza War Israel deliberatley targetted civillians in disproportionate attacks on civillian areas as was discovered by the UN Human Right Council's investigation. Read this and this.
    It launched rockets which missed and hit civilians. True, it was disproportionate, but it's only a war crime if you think that Allied bombings of Germany during WWII were also war crimes.

Also Gaddafi didn't claim he was going to slaughter Benghazi he claimed he would slaughter the Al-Qaeda terrorists who were trying to destabilise Libya.
    And by his definition that includes anyone who has criticised or protested against him - which is just about everyone in Benghazi.

ReputationRep:
    It launched rockets which missed and hit civilians.
    Read the report and you will find innocent civillians were targetted in Israel's attacks.

And by his definition that includes anyone who has criticised or protested against him - which is just about everyone in Benghazi.
    I don't think Gaddafi ever claimed the people of Benghazi were all Alqaeda operatives, in fact I am pretty sure he claimed it was only a handful of terrorists which were destablising his country.

ReputationRep:
    Downright double standards.

Israel=Semitic connections with Americans hence allied.

ReputationRep:
    Remember Yvonne Fletcher.
    Remember the victims of Lockerbie.
    Feel no compassion for Libya for it deserves none.
    If Gadaffi survives this ordeal then I shall be very disappointed. I hope the SAS kidnap him and parade him through Lockerbie so he can apologise and grovel like the scum he is. Then send him down to London so he can apologise to PC Fletcher's parents.
    Once that is down they can skin him alive and he can be hanged, drawn and quatered.
    His body parts are too poisonous to bury here though, so put them in a rocket and fire it into space. Then nuke the rocket. And nuke each price of debris.

ReputationRep:
    Future writer of the sun/daily mail/daily express???

ReputationRep:
    What is happening now is a million times different to what happened with Iraq.
    For a start, we have the backing of the UN and the international community. We have the backing of the Arab league and other nations in the area. The Libyian people want us there. And we are not sending in troops in "invade" like we did with Iraq.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.