Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be interning in audit at a Big 4 in London this summer. However, in the time since my application, I've decided I'd much rather work in Financial Advisory (at the big 4 firm).

Given I do well on the internship, how likely is it that I can be put straight onto a graduate role in FA? I imagine I'd need to do an interview or something of course, I'm just worried they will make me apply from square one along with every other applicant.

I'm at a well regarded university studying economics and fulfill the basic entry requirements for all roles at the big 4...

Cheers for any help!

ReputationRep:
    I am in a similar situation, I called KPMG up (audit intern this summer), apparently its cool but for me I have to do a partner interview =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in the same position.
    Would it be better to try and get the graduate FA role straight after the audit internship, or is it easier to do the ACA with the firm and then try and transfer to FA?

ReputationRep:
    As I have talked to many ppl from ey, they have tendancy to offer FA positions for ppl with a 2-3 yrs audit experience. But they still offer places for ppl without an audit background. So what I think is that it is much more easier to transfer.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.