Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this okay?

at first it wasn't, but we still talked most days since our break up about emotions and stuff. still remained quite close.
    he would try and talk about sexual stuff when he was horny. i would give in a little, or sometimes just say no outright. even though i enjoyed it and missed him, i wouldn't do it as it would give off the wrong signals, and i didn't want to get back together.
    so then for the past few weeks we haven't spoken much. very polite and reserved.
    now though, we have just started sexting again, and now all my fantasies are coming out, and it's fun. and i trust him enough to tell him this. i think it may be partly because i'm frustrated? Is it ok?

ReputationRep:
    its weird

ReputationRep:
    I think you meant sexting andrex.

As long as it's the tissue, and not the dog.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much a no go area with an ex. Could lead to more and feelings will possibly come back.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal, when you break up with someone you usually have some residual attraction and often look back at relationships with rose-tinted glasses. Plus, after all, you found them hot for a reason, and even if you're not compatible, the characteristics that attracted you to them are probably still there. You don't stop fancying someone because the reality of the relationship doesn't work. However that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Even if you don't act on it, it can confuse your emotions. If the relationship is truly over, it's usually best to keep it purely platonic. Some people can cope with ex-sex and keep it a physical thing only, but most of the time someone starts to get feelings and people end up hurt.

Whether it's ok is down to whether the two of you are comfortable with it, understand what is and isn't happening and no-one is being led on. And even then, often feelings get in the way. It's your call of whether you want to risk it. If you're frustrated, while an ex can seem like an easy option (you know they were attracted to you and they know what you like in bed), often finding someone new is safer, emotionally.

ok. So he didn't say anything at all after. Don't know why i expected something. Feel used. Not a good idea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.