Turn on thread page Beta

Apparently there are 'like a billion attractive hot guys' out there watch

ReputationRep:
    out there meaning where you live, on the streets and stuff, not in other countries before you start talking about other countries.

according to this post anyway: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...46&postcount=4

do you think this is true, from experience?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so a guy that isn't hot to one girl may be extremely hot to another.

ReputationRep:
    WTF?

ReputationRep:
    This is such a random thread.

I guess so? I don't tend to look really - but I'm sure that if I just stood in the middle of a crowded high street I'd see a fair few guys who were attractive.

But lets be honest, how often are you really looking at everyone who goes past and judging their attractiveness?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hot.

But then, I don't know how to turn my heating off.

So for all you know

I could be sitting here

Typing this

Naked.

ReputationRep:
    i would quite like to locate them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreveryoung01)
    i would quite like to locate them soon.
    someone disproving the statement? :holmes: do you live in a bad area or something?

ReputationRep:
    soo many londoners posting in this thread. i wonder what that tells you :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    soo many londoners posting in this thread. i wonder what that tells you :ahee:
    London guys are hot? i dont know what you are on about David.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there are lots of attractive guys around in most places. You just have to be in the mood to look.

Which I mostly am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Yes. Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so a guy that isn't hot to one girl may be extremely hot to another.
    But they would have to be good-looking in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not movie star standard, but there are certainly a lot of attractive guys.

It's the attractive guys with the personality to match which are the rare breed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darude)
    London guys are hot? i dont know what you are on about David.
    Exactly. Just look at the posters who have posted here londoners

ReputationRep:
    Well there's me and 999,999,999 others I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    Maybe not movie star standard, but there are certainly a lot of attractive guys.

It's the attractive guys with the personality to match which are the rare breed.
    whats a good personality to match? and what do you consider hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darude)
    whats a good personality to match? and what do you consider hot?
    Attractive does not always = hot. And it's so subjective anyway. I recognise that the guy who plays Wolverine (name flies out of my head, sorry) is "hot" but I don't find him attractive.

A good personality to match is someone who's nice, not arrogant, friendly, fun, considerate, ectr. But obviously everyone looks for different things. I'd say the main problem is that many attractive guys KNOW they're attractive and it puts me off.

ReputationRep:
    There's a billion hot guys living near me. Where did this hidden population come from, I wonder.

ReputationRep:
    You know when you read a thread title, even before you've clicked on it, you're already forming an idea of what it might be about? For some reason, my brain whirred and came up with: Apparently there are 'like a billion attractive hot guys out there' but X group thought X and kidnapped+transported them all to an island/ other planet (Hottie Central) I've just uncovered a secret route to said island/planet, anyone want to come along?

I was already thinking, 'Yes, take me to this magical place!'

Sigh sorry OP but reality< fantasy. Every time! For example, there is this cute guy whom I see at the bus stop every morning, and we both surreptitiously check each other out but whilst I am quite happy concocting fantasies where he turns out to be my Dream Boy and we have a Magical Connection, I think I'd actually be quite horrified if he did suddenly come up to me. The trials of a romantic cynic :/

Anyway, I digress (a lot). There are plenty of 'attractive hot' guys, no doubt, just no guarantees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyelfin)
    You know when you read a thread title, even before you've clicked on it, you're already forming an idea of what it might be about? For some reason, my brain whirred and came up with: Apparently there are 'like a billion attractive hot guys out there' but X group thought X and kidnapped+transported them all to an island/ other planet (Hottie Central) I've just uncovered a secret route to said island/planet, anyone want to come along?

I was already thinking, 'Yes, take me to this magical place!'

Sigh sorry OP but reality< fantasy. Every time! For example, there is this cute guy whom I see at the bus stop every morning, and we both surreptitiously check each other out but whilst I am quite happy concocting fantasies where he turns out to be my Dream Boy and we have a Magical Connection, I think I'd actually be quite horrified if he did suddenly come up to me. The trials of a romantic cynic :/

Anyway, I digress (a lot). There are plenty of 'attractive hot' guys, no doubt, just no guarantees.
    hey, my friends tend to have the same experience as you.

once we saw a bunch of cute guys at a train station and my friend made a distinct NOTE to fantasize over the cutest one when she gets home...

idk, for some reason, that just doesn't play to my pleasures anymore..
    personality>looks every time. i'll notice a hot guy but i'll forget within a split second.

and thanks for the thread maker for quoting me. you are most gracious

ReputationRep:
    Okay they're six billion people in the world. Three billion of which are guys. So are you saying that 1 in 3 guys are hot?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.