The Student Room Group

UCAS- grades on form.

Hey, hope this is in the right area, but was a bit unsure where to post it..

Anyway I was wondering when you apply through ucas, do you have to insert ALL the qualifications you've ever got? GCSE's, everything?
What if you got a D in one subject.. would it matter if you didn't write it? Is there any way they can find out?

If so, is there any way you can remove that grade? As in completely, so like you never actually got it?

Original post by doll x
Hey, hope this is in the right area, but was a bit unsure where to post it..

Anyway I was wondering when you apply through ucas, do you have to insert ALL the qualifications you've ever got? Yes. GCSE's, everything? Yes.
What if you got a D in one subject..Yes. would it matter if you didn't write it? Yes, you could be disqulified from the UCAS process and lose all your offers. Is there any way they can find out? Yes, several.

If so, is there any way you can remove that grade? No. As in completely, so like you never actually got it? No.

Answers above.
Reply 2
Oh god. Thank you!

Do you think it'll really make a difference though, if I get 3 A's at a-level and have good GCSE grades in my other subjects?
What I mean is, will that D affect my chances of getting into law at a Russell Group university even though all my other grades I've ever got are good?
Original post by doll x
Oh god. Thank you!

Do you think it'll really make a difference though, if I get 3 A's at a-level and have good GCSE grades in my other subjects?
What I mean is, will that D affect my chances of getting into law at a Russell Group university even though all my other grades I've ever got are good?

I'm sure you'll be fine! What is the D in?
Original post by doll x
Oh god. Thank you!

No. Well unless it's in something like maths or English.
Reply 5
It's in Spanish :frown:

Can you not pay a fee to AQA to have it removed?
It's going to be haunting me for the rest of my life. :'(
Reply 6
Original post by doll x

You can pay a fee to re-take it? :rolleyes:

Seriously, it doesn't matter. Admissions tutors are bothered about how good you are at your subject and how you'd cope with an intense course. If you're bad at Spanish, it doesn't influence your ability to do law (unless you wanted to do law with Spanish, I guess?) so therefore they won't mind if you're not stunning at Spanish.
Original post by doll x
It's in Spanish :frown:

I think paying for it to be removed would count as fraud or similar...

Nah, you'll be fine. It's only UCL (as it stands) that will want a language pass at GCSE level. If you're really worried, contact your top universities nearer the time of application to ask.

Remember that your application isn't all about grades - especially for something as competitive as Law. Concentrate on your personal statement and other bits and bobs such as extra circulars and work experience.
Reply 8
im in a CBSE indian curriculum. i have a conditional offer of 85% from university of sheffield in mechanical engineering. I was just wondering if by chance i fail to get 85% and drop to 80% or 75%, what are my chances of being accepted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Thanks guys, your replies have been reassuring. :smile:

I wouldn't want to re-sit, I really doubt I'd get a better grade at it, I was completely rubbish. Also, my sixth form doesn't know I failed it. :/

Yeah, I'm trying to do as much extra curricular as possible, and work experience at law firms, etc. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending