Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hope this is in the right area, but was a bit unsure where to post it..

Anyway I was wondering when you apply through ucas, do you have to insert ALL the qualifications you've ever got? GCSE's, everything?
    What if you got a D in one subject.. would it matter if you didn't write it? Is there any way they can find out?

If so, is there any way you can remove that grade? As in completely, so like you never actually got it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doll x)
    Hey, hope this is in the right area, but was a bit unsure where to post it..

Anyway I was wondering when you apply through ucas, do you have to insert ALL the qualifications you've ever got? Yes. GCSE's, everything? Yes.
    What if you got a D in one subject..Yes. would it matter if you didn't write it? Yes, you could be disqulified from the UCAS process and lose all your offers. Is there any way they can find out? Yes, several.

If so, is there any way you can remove that grade? No. As in completely, so like you never actually got it? No.

Thanks
    Answers above.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Thank you!

Do you think it'll really make a difference though, if I get 3 A's at a-level and have good GCSE grades in my other subjects?
    What I mean is, will that D affect my chances of getting into law at a Russell Group university even though all my other grades I've ever got are good?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Thank you!

Do you think it'll really make a difference though, if I get 3 A's at a-level and have good GCSE grades in my other subjects?
    What I mean is, will that D affect my chances of getting into law at a Russell Group university even though all my other grades I've ever got are good?
    I'm sure you'll be fine! What is the D in?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Thank you!

No. Well unless it's in something like maths or English.

ReputationRep:
    It's in Spanish

Can you not pay a fee to AQA to have it removed?
    It's going to be haunting me for the rest of my life. :'(

ReputationRep:
    You can pay a fee to re-take it? :rolleyes:

Seriously, it doesn't matter. Admissions tutors are bothered about how good you are at your subject and how you'd cope with an intense course. If you're bad at Spanish, it doesn't influence your ability to do law (unless you wanted to do law with Spanish, I guess?) so therefore they won't mind if you're not stunning at Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    It's in Spanish

I think paying for it to be removed would count as fraud or similar...

Nah, you'll be fine. It's only UCL (as it stands) that will want a language pass at GCSE level. If you're really worried, contact your top universities nearer the time of application to ask.

Remember that your application isn't all about grades - especially for something as competitive as Law. Concentrate on your personal statement and other bits and bobs such as extra circulars and work experience.

ReputationRep:
    im in a CBSE indian curriculum. i have a conditional offer of 85% from university of sheffield in mechanical engineering. I was just wondering if by chance i fail to get 85% and drop to 80% or 75%, what are my chances of being accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, your replies have been reassuring.

I wouldn't want to re-sit, I really doubt I'd get a better grade at it, I was completely rubbish. Also, my sixth form doesn't know I failed it. :/

Yeah, I'm trying to do as much extra curricular as possible, and work experience at law firms, etc.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.