Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've done a PEST analysis, but I don't think it's that good.

Political - just research a bit on Australia's current government, it's policies towards business, and renewable energy etc.

Economical- look in appendix 2, where all the economic forecasts are.

Social - the market research says that 40+% of people would want to use renewable energy; people are becoming more 'green' and embracing the idea of solar power.

Technological - they're thinking of adopting a new system which would make it possible to run on real time. But expensive, and difficult to find the finance for this.

ReputationRep:
    Hey thats a decent PEST but does anyone have a better PEST or any other models? and does anyone have anything on Human Resource? send me a PM

ReputationRep:
    The case seems to be focussed on marketing and Human Resource Management. Seem to be a lot of internal conflicts.. Was wonderin if it'd be a good idea to post possible questions and then have a group discussion on them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amahesh)
    The case seems to be focussed on marketing and Human Resource Management. Seem to be a lot of internal conflicts.. Was wonderin if it'd be a good idea to post possible questions and then have a group discussion on them...
    yeah thats good....

I think we may have to design a marketing strategy -Marketing
    We may also be asked questions on training/appraisal - Human Resources
    Motivation, particularly Ouchi: Theory Z and Taylor - Human Resources

ReputationRep:
    did u gys do the accountin part of the case study...like preparin...P&L accounts, balance sheets etc.??? cuz i guess it is not dat simple...we had to spend a lot of time for it....nd i was thinkin dat dus IB rele expect us to do all dat.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The legend)
    did u gys do the accountin part of the case study...like preparin...P&L accounts, balance sheets etc.??? cuz i guess it is not dat simple...we had to spend a lot of time for it....nd i was thinkin dat dus IB rele expect us to do all dat.....

v did do the ac part but I think the preps of balance sheets ideally is for HL. But then again i wonder whether U'll have t actually prepare a bal sheet as such,what they usually do is just give one and expect you to carry out stuff like ratios on it... Still you should check the sylabus outline......

ReputationRep:
    I agree!!!

ReputationRep:
    Can you even do P&L accounts and balance sheets from the accounting bit?? I thought that some of the financial information needed for those are suspiciously missing, so unless they provide it, then... no..

ReputationRep:
    Highly doubtful, P&L's construction are usually when you do accounting directly, but for BS i doubt they'll tell u to that ,usually coz the info they give is really basic.. but theres this note our teacher gave us and gathering from that i think, rather than constructin a P&L itself u need to know how certain figures are reached at, eg: gross profit is arrived at by deducting the cost of sales from the the turnover....
    understanding the terms themselves are more important... then again am SL ref ur HL syl outline, in case...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do get what you mean. Finances are the meanest part of the course, and everything else is pretty smooth sailing though. Nothing to stress about too much.

ReputationRep:
    I hate B&M....I never get more than a 4 on it!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you complicate it too much? Try thinking about the answers in a logical and coherent manner because you'll find that some of it is really simple. Take deep breaths, read it again and again until the answer comes to you. It helps for me anyway .

ReputationRep:
    ya dont over rate it in your head, coz then u v lost half the battle, its a rather simple subject, the theory is something that u dont neccessarily have to memorise, just know what terms go where and think "if you were in that particular business position(that the q states), what is the most logical thing u would do"... and always be aware of the no. of points your stating, back them, state what could go wrong with them, and give as many as the no of points stated in the Q..
    good luck .... t all the May 06 students.... v have only a month and counting.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My class has done a BS but i wasnt there... ill try to get it and post it one the net ( they've done a P&L account too if any one wants it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omery15)
    My class has done a BS but i wasnt there... ill try to get it and post it one the net ( they've done a P&L account too if any one wants it)
    yeah that'd be great!!

ReputationRep:
    Here are the links for the balance sheets that i have uploaded
    http://rapidshare.de/files/18179073/...or_ES.doc.html
    http://rapidshare.de/files/18179223/...unGen.doc.html

I couldnt get the P&L account....tuff

enjoy!!!!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, you're a darl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omery15)
    Here are the links for the balance sheets that i have uploaded
    http://rapidshare.de/files/18179073/...or_ES.doc.html
    http://rapidshare.de/files/18179223/...unGen.doc.html

I couldnt get the P&L account....tuff

enjoy!!!!:p:

dude, u just made my day......
    thanks....

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! am new around here, So hi!!

Am doing hl business and was wondering if those links still work? Tried to download them and it didnt want to work for me! Me and technology just dont mix!!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeh reupload them please, rapidshare is a ***** for most people

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.