Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sco2001)
    yeh reupload them please, rapidshare is a ***** for most people
    u also gotta have the winrar software when u download rapid share stuff...

ReputationRep:
    FOUND A REALLY GOOD CASE STUDY OVERVIEW !
    If you visit www.onetouchables.tk, then go to their IB Section (link is on middle of the page) they offer a case study overview which they have produced themselves i believe. It is really a good overview, not too long yet not too short. I recommend it to everyone who takes Business! However, a small fee applies but i would say it is worth everyone penny!

ReputationRep:
    I think i am going to have a look at the case study overview. Have you actually seen it before?

Also on the case study, there's a lot of conflict. especially between Tony McGregor and Catherine. He's the traditionalist production manager and Catherine is the passionate, ambitious business women with pre-experience in Japan, a totally different working culture... I think the case is full of conflicts and I also strongly believe that there is going to be a question set on this (probably evaluation question, so worth 8 marks).

Overall the case study is packed with info and if you think about it then you''ll find masses to talk about and in a way most of it is inter-linking with the different themes in there.

Also, what I think we might get would be to analyse SG's financial situation with regard to their future prospects, so I would make sure that all of you udnerstand the finances, ratios (you have to calculate the gearing ratio from the data yourself...) and understand exactly what impact each has...

If any questions, would love to help

thx, JEike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEike)
    I think i am going to have a look at the case study overview. Have you actually seen it before?

Also on the case study, there's a lot of conflict. especially between Tony McGregor and Catherine. He's the traditionalist production manager and Catherine is the passionate, ambitious business women with pre-experience in Japan, a totally different working culture... I think the case is full of conflicts and I also strongly believe that there is going to be a question set on this (probably evaluation question, so worth 8 marks).

Overall the case study is packed with info and if you think about it then you''ll find masses to talk about and in a way most of it is inter-linking with the different themes in there.

Also, what I think we might get would be to analyse SG's financial situation with regard to their future prospects, so I would make sure that all of you udnerstand the finances, ratios (you have to calculate the gearing ratio from the data yourself...) and understand exactly what impact each has...

If any questions, would love to help

thx, JEike
    I have seen it and it gives all the information for the whole case study. At first i was a bit scared that it was a scam or that it would be very bad. But it turned out that it has helped my study a lot. I hope it will do the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    How long is this overview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sco2001)
    How long is this overview?
    Its two pages. Just very straight to the point which makes it good, so that there is not loads to study i guess. i prefer it like this cause otherwise there is just too much.

ReputationRep:
    hey,

I have received the overview now as well... I think it's good whereas it is really short and precise. It doesn't tell you anything you wouldn't know. I would describe it as an accurate time-line because it goes in chronological order and reminds you again of the most important decisions made or yet to come...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seem to have found any mistakes in the Case Study Overview from www.onetouchables.tk ? It seems all ok to me maybe some of you have found that you have more info or mistakes.
    let me know!

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i have'nt got it yet but ow izzit?

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i have'nt got it yet but how izzit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avinash)
    hey
    i have'nt got it yet but how izzit?
    I reckon its good and it has helped me a lot so far.

ReputationRep:
    For all the SunGen resource you need for free, go to:
    http://www.patana.ac.th/linklearn/index.asp
    and search for 'sungen', and you will get a heap of revision notes on all main areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cramnotes)
    For all the SunGen resource you need for free, go to:
    http://www.patana.ac.th/linklearn/index.asp
    and search for 'sungen', and you will get a heap of revision notes on all main areas.
    Thank you! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    the date is quickly approaching and i have reached a point where i have had to work DURING MY IBs to pay for the exams.... i really don't have the money to pay for the ONETOUCHABLES overview.... could someone PLEASE do a favour?
    1 - upload on nick-tc's FTP?
    2 - send it to me via e-mail (i'll give it to you in a private message)?
    3 - give me at least a summary?

i NEED it but i can't pay

ReputationRep:
    Yes, me too. Not only do I have to pay for the IB exams, but my school fees are through the roof too... if I have to pay for my resources, then I'm screwed.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i could go to 2 schools here if i wanted to do the ib, i'm at the cheaper one, but it is the second most expensive school in the city... and prices just keep rising...

so here's to hoping a gentle soul out there will heed our call and let us in on the Overview... :shot:

ReputationRep:
    I think the guy shouldnt want money for his review. I made reviews for 3 of my IB subjects.
    Chemistry SL - 80 pages
    Bio HL - 130 pages
    Business and M. - 68 pages
    One of my friends asked me: "Will you sell it to me?"
    My answer was "NO." and I sent it to him the next day.

I mean, I really think we should be helping each other and I made the notes not to make money out of it, but to revise myself and if some1 else can benefit from it I will be happy to give him or send him a copy.

So really, I think wanting money for 2 pages of some work that helped that guy himself is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    i totally agree... wtf is the problem with helping other people?

i think ppl confuse the feelings of doing well themselves and others doing badly... cause they may think that if they do well and others do badly they will definitely be the best or something... but this isn't a quiz in class, its the friggin IB! it doesn't matter if other ppl do well!

But hey, each one with their own selfish needs.

ReputationRep:
    I think the ones with that mentality of "let them die" (ok, fail but hyperboles are so much more fun) are insecure about their own abilities to succeed so only feel better about themselves by subconsciously pushing others down.

How about that? Psychobabble sounds good, even if I do say so myself.

ReputationRep:
    i have an amazing study tool kit with me here for sungen... if u want it, lemme know and i'll send through e mail, as its a word doc.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.