Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys.. how about we actually just discuss the exam? they're just as good as notes..

okay, well as the exam is like in two days... just thouhght id put some ideas around
    did you notice throughout the case study
    'catherine has dismissed these concerns as she feels...'

what do u think about this?? she seems to be perhaps slightly dictatorial? and she does not agree with any one in the company, it seems...
    what would you say what kind of management style does she use??

i mean she has good ideas.. but yeah i dont know if shes handling them the right way.

Human resource is gonna be important,
    i think they might ask questions on TQM vs Traditional, i had that in my mock.. so yeah??

what do people think of finance?

REPLY!

ReputationRep:
    They have a lot of the ratios up already, with the exception of gearing so, remember to memorise the ratio . They might ask us stuff with financial accounts (ie, P/L, BS) which is quite worrying as I'm **** at that. However, we'll see...

Yes, there are a lot of conflicts, and for all that she claims to be pushing for democracy, Catherine is acting slightly autocratic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean they have quite alot of ratios up already??

ReputationRep:
    i get your arguments about catherine being autocratic. however, in general sungen seems to have laisser faire leadership style because the employees complain the are left to do the decisions. and they don't really like doing that because they don't know if it corresponds with the aims/views of the company. the delegation of authority is enormous for them. therefore, sungen needs to be more democratic/paternalistic/autocratic. also, company is going through a tough time and thus autocratic leadership style would be the most desirable to get through this period. do i make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerd101)
    what do u mean they have quite alot of ratios up already??
    appendix 3 in the case study. we are given already the profitability, liquidity and efficiency ratios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iris })l({)
    please excuse me if I'm wrong but Barney you seem to be the one who is behind the onetouchables notes, like trying to secretly promote/endorse it or sth..
    just because not everybody is willing to spend 5 euros on two pieces of paper (which btw has no guarantee of being useful) does not mean that they are in the wrong or that u should be calling them 'picky donkeys'..
    anyways, if you found the notes useful then good for you, if you don't want to help out then once again good for you.. however, 'if u have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all'.. besides that's probably the worse way to promote a product, calling potential clients picky donkeys.. :rolleyes:
    i am just getting fed up with PM asking for the case study. Why should i pay and everyone else get it for free? Not really fair is it? So i guess that you better start learning some more business. Secondly, i dont need to promote **** here cause i have nothing to promote. You can create this whole theory about me promoting this overview and selling it or whatever, but all i did was introduce you all to it, as this forum is to help eachother, thats what i was doing. Hope you have fun thinking about your whole theory about how i am the guy behind this all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barney)
    i am just getting fed up with PM asking for the case study. Why should i pay and everyone else get it for free? Not really fair is it? So i guess that you better start learning some more business. Secondly, i dont need to promote **** here cause i have nothing to promote. You can create this whole theory about me promoting this overview and selling it or whatever, but all i did was introduce you all to it, as this forum is to help eachother, thats what i was doing. Hope you have fun thinking about your whole theory about how i am the guy behind this all.
    sorry but my theory expired soon after I wrote my post.. it was just the impression I got from reading your posts..
    about 'this forum is to help eachother' you shouldn't make that comment after stating that your not willing to help someone else out by giving them the overwiew for free.. just generally speaking though.. you're entitled not to give it out and yeah you were venting out your frustration or whatever, just being a bit hypocritical..
    btw I wasn't the one asking for the overview, I'm quite happy with my own business notes, which if weren't in handwriting I'd gladly share

ReputationRep:
    ne1 knw what are
    diseconomies of scale?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aluakz)
    i get your arguments about catherine being autocratic. however, in general sungen seems to have laisser faire leadership style because the employees complain the are left to do the decisions. and they don't really like doing that because they don't know if it corresponds with the aims/views of the company. the delegation of authority is enormous for them. therefore, sungen needs to be more democratic/paternalistic/autocratic. also, company is going through a tough time and thus autocratic leadership style would be the most desirable to get through this period. do i make sense?
    hey yeah i get what you mean.. thanks... yeah i think theres room for discussion though, i think the whole idea of TQM is a good idea.. but they do need to be more autocratic to tell the workers how they're helping etc... quality circles would be a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyp)
    ne1 knw what are
    diseconomies of scale?:confused:
    it's like when a business grows beyond its ideal size and instead of reductions in average costs [per unit of production] - which is what economies of scale is, average costs increase..

this happens because sooner or later the business will run out of opportuities for bulk buying with discounts, lower interest rates from loans and division of labour..

then there is minimum efficient scale which is the ideal level of output that achieves the lowest level of average costs.. this happens just before average costs begin to rise

ReputationRep:
    damn... the paper is tomorrow... GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Cleric Pepper
    so... this seems to have been forgotten...

can anyone either send us or summarise the ONETOUCHABLES.tk study guide? Some of us need it and can't spare a single cent

is anyone out there so nice?

Nick's FTP

Where about?

ReputationRep:
    some guy at my school told me that that onetouchables.tk site have some new thing which is a powerpoint presentation. Has anyone got it?
    Could you inform the rest about whats in it and if it is any good? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    do we have enuff info to make an ansoff matrix or boston matrix?
    i mean we knw wht the products do but not how well they are doing...

ReputationRep:
    if someone could send me that tool kit, it would be reallly great! thanks a lot! [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linda1)
    if someone could send me that tool kit, it would be reallly great! thanks a lot! [email protected]
    i sent it to you
    good luck
    they are really helpful

ReputationRep:
    refrain from posting your email addresses on the forum please... you might get banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjurdsg)
    refrain from posting your email addresses on the forum please... you might get banned
    out of curiousity.. why?

I have my exam in four hours! good luck to everyone taking their exam today/tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    omgg same here well more like 7 hours~!
    damn
    still not finished revising tho..
    btw PLS can ne1 tell me how to create a profit and loss acc thingy or a balance sheet!! jus a quick outline
    i mean we r only given the ratios...so do we like plug in the values or smtn and find out ?

ReputationRep:
    Sungen Is Done With!!! Woot!!!!!!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.