Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dans get fit before university blog. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I joined TSR just for this. I know I should of joined a proper fitness forum for more advice but I've been trolling TSR for years for stuff like exam work and H&R. Finally decided to get myself an account and have a proper attempt at losing weight.

Like every heavy person I've tried a lot and failed a lot. I keep trying though and it gets hard because every day becomes my last day of none diet food I know it sounds like I lack will power but I really do want to break the cycle.

I was travelling from the end of A-levels until January. I've been trying since january but failing pretty badly. Lost a bit of weight but my diet has been very up and down as well as diet being up and down.

I am 6ft3 and weigh 135kg. My bmi is 36. In january this was the case. I am not going to be using my BMI mainly because my doctor said it was not a very good indicator for me. When I was at the doctors in jan they took my height and weighed me and I was expecting a lecture about my weight but I didn't get one. My uncle is a doctor at this practice and I thought that was the reason. I asked my doctor why he didn't have anything to say about my weight and he said they only really mention it if your BMI if above 40 or you have health problems (I find this very hard to believe and I'm guessing my uncle told them that he is always telling me to lose weight so they don't need to do it.)

I'm not sure how I will measure myself. I tried using a tape measure but I find it hard to find the same point to measure every time. Obviously I've eaten now but tomorrow morning I will do some measurements and put them on here.

My goal is to lose 2 pounds per week until university starts in oct. I took gap year to break away from most of the people in my year. Uni is going to be my new start and I'm really scared of not looking better before then.

i Have 25 weeks from next monday until university exactly and if I lose 2 pounds a week until then I will no longer technically be obese which is good because I don't want to be seen as that guy at university.

I don't know how many of you will care about my goal but I'm hoping some of you will follow and what I really hope if that someone kicks my arse when I don't update. I started writing a food journal on my laptop when I got back from travelling but it sucked because I just didn't write in it because I'd had a bad day. So I hope someone cares enough to shout at me and demand to know what happened on the days I don't update (will try to update ever day. I'm on a gap year and this is my main priority. All I have is this and driving lessons).

Too long ? In summary. I am 6ft 3 and weigh 135kg giving me an obese BMI but not morbid yet. I am hoping to lose 2 pounds a week until university which will make me 240 pounds and even though I know this isn't exactly great I don't want to start university as the really overweight guy. Hoping for some support from TSR's masses but if not this can just be a personal blog for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.