Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if IT is a good career choice?

I am in year 11 and not really fussed on a levels. predicted about 9 GCSE'S A*-C so thats no problem.

Im thinking about doing the BTEC level 3 extended diploma ICT course in college...

if i do well in this im wondering if i want to go further to uni do they accept people with a BTEC etc?...

i heard about computer science. could someone outline this job and how easy it is to get into?

could i study this in uni with a btec etc?

or what other jobs are there that have good pay if i done ICT...

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science covers a huge spectrum of potential career options. What do you want to end up doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NS17)
    Computer Science covers a huge spectrum of potential career options. What do you want to end up doing?
    not sure, but thats why ict sounds good because i enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    ICT is more business based.

If you are looking for a career in Computer Science, a levels would put you in a much better sted.

Most univeristies do not accept ICT as a subject to count towards a Computer Science degree because it is not considered a Scientific or Technological subject.

Computer Science is in general, more to do with computing theories and technical aspects of computing.

Examples of Computer Science employment: Software developer, systems analyst, software engineer, system developer etc.

In terms of getting into Computer Science, if you love the subject, you will do well.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.