Turn on thread page Beta

Tricky question. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Three men are stuck in the middle of the Pacific on a sinking boat. You're there vested with God like powers, but only the ability to save one of the three. Which is the lucky one and why? Please think carefully before answering. Those are the facts, no other piece of information shall be given. Which man do you save from certain death, and why?

ReputationRep:
    You save yourself, seeing as you're there (hence you're one of the three)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Three men are stuck in the middle of the Pacific on a sinking boat. You're there vested with God like powers, but only the ability to save one of the three. Which is the lucky one and why? Please think carefully before answering. Those are the facts, no other piece of information shall be given. Which man do you save from certain death, and why?
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    I'd save the one who had the inflatable dingy hidden on his person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    You save yourself, seeing as you're there (hence you're one of the three)...
    i like how there is no comma in "you are there vested with the."

if it was "you are there, vested with the"

it perhaps would have been more obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    i like how there is no comma in "you are there vested with the."

if it was "you are there, vested with the"

it perhaps would have been more obvious.
    oh yeah... damn, note to self: must read other replies before making fool of self.

ReputationRep:
    I'd save the one who can't swim.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how females would decide who to save seeing as it asks which man you'd save.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how females would decide who to save seeing as it asks which man you'd save.
    the question is sexist!

change, change, change!

or mayb not.........

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on getting part one. Now for part two. You are no longer one of the men on the boat. You still have the God like powers, but you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men. Same question. Which one and why?

ReputationRep:
    i wonder........... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    as a female my good self I didn't have a problem (personally I don't go for all that feminist bullsh*t)

ReputationRep:
    I was getting to that. It comes with the second part of the question. As you're asked to save one of three men, and you are not allowed to be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Congratulations on getting part one. Now for part two. You are no longer one of the men on the boat. You still have the God like powers, but you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men. Same question. Which one and why?
    geez how are we supposed to know? could be any of them! I'd do eeny-meeny-miny-mo personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    tough!
    It is tough. Also, females have a great deal of trouble answering this one, but when they finally do. They tend to get it right more often than men. Like I said, tricky question. I eagerly await answers

ReputationRep:
    the 3 he now sees on teh boat r strangers, therefore it cant b the same 2 he knew before - 3 new people.

ReputationRep:
    You still save yourself. You're a woman on the boat. You have the power to save a man on the boat. But you're a woman, so save yourself. Just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    the 3 he now sees on teh boat r strangers, therefore it cant b the same 2 he knew before - 3 new people.
    Three men stuck on a sinking boat. You don't know any of them, you are not one of them. You have the power to save one. Which one and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    You still save yourself. You're a woman on the boat. You have the power to save a man on the boat. But you're a woman, so save yourself. Just a guess.
    You're not on the boat, only the poor three men. One of which you can save. Which one, and why?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.